Author Topic: Katy leaving Pop After Prism?  (Read 9607 times)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Re: Katy leaving Pop After Prism?
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »
She just took a year off!

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

• Know it all
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2014, 08:17:49 PM »
She just took a year off!
Well...not really. She's been working on things all the time, and going through a lot emotionally simultaneously.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »
I'd love nothing more than for her to experiment with different genres of music! She has one of those vocals that will suit many styles. But if I'm honest, I'm still hanging in hope that eventually we will get that acoustic album. Even if it's an album of a few new songs mixed with old favourites in acoustic form I'd been more than happy. I do really want her to take a break though after this album n tour as she never really took much of one from TD release up to now the crazy woman! I worry about her too much at times!

I agree with you Becks, acoustic album would be  :dreamboat: :dreamboat:
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Xulah

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • Shut up and put the money where your mouth is.
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2014, 12:35:57 PM »
katy needs a child. I mean, everytime people aske her what she want to do if she wasnt a singer, she always tell be a mom... so, i think it's time for her to be a mom. After the tour of course. hahah
I'll make it like your birthday everyday.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #199 on: March 05, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
katy needs a child. I mean, everytime people aske her what she want to do if she wasnt a singer, she always tell be a mom... so, i think it's time for her to be a mom. After the tour of course. hahah

Definitely after tour though!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline 1stTimeKatyCat

• Little Voyeur
  • That's our Katy Perry for you.
« Reply #200 on: March 05, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »
I don't think that Katy will leave Pop after PRISM to be honest. She still has a lot of material held up inside her. But who am I to say? Katy's her own person and her own boss, if she leaves, she leaves. Either way she's left her mark everywhere!  :)

Offline ikatycat_

• Lost Control
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
« Reply #201 on: March 05, 2014, 08:32:41 PM »
I'd love nothing more than for her to experiment with different genres of music! She has one of those vocals that will suit many styles. But if I'm honest, I'm still hanging in hope that eventually we will get that acoustic album. Even if it's an album of a few new songs mixed with old favourites in acoustic form I'd been more than happy. I do really want her to take a break though after this album n tour as she never really took much of one from TD release up to now the crazy woman! I worry about her too much at times!

I agree with you Becks, acoustic album would be  :dreamboat: :dreamboat:
yus yus yus!  :dreamboat:

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #202 on: March 10, 2014, 04:19:28 AM »
I don't think we have anything to worry about, she'll be touring for at least a year anyway :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Katyhawke

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #203 on: March 11, 2014, 04:07:06 PM »
I think a Acoustic album from Katy would be awesome. as many of you Kittens have said she has a fantastic voice. It would also give her a new medium in which to really open up and show us her talent that we know is there as well as she does.. Katy is my favorite artist because she is so versatile in her abilities music wise.  if she does leave Pop it would also be because she is doing her best to avoid burnout and typecasting which would limit her.  I personally believe and support unconditionally any choice she makes and would love to see some of her earlier stuff done acoustically i.e. simple, The box, Diamonds etc.  plus new stuff chronicling the changes she is going through. 
Just a Humble Marine KatyTiggerHawkeCat who is very devoted to Katy because her music saved m,y life Dec 26, 2010.

Offline MartixD

• Dressed up like Elvis!
  • if you don't like kittens or cotton candy gtfo
« Reply #204 on: March 11, 2014, 04:29:47 PM »
I want an acoustic album so much... She's been talking about it for 4 years (?) and we all know she would sound amazing :) I think that an album like this would be a real masterpiece and everyone who doesn't like as a singer would realize how talented she is :dreamboat:

Offline Icypole

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #205 on: March 11, 2014, 04:38:24 PM »
I'd love an acoustic album! Even if it was just something like her MTV Unplugged album between albums. I love when she performs acoustically.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2014, 09:00:41 AM »
Tbh I don't think there will be any more proper breaks til like 2016 :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2014, 04:17:13 PM »
If Katy does release an acoustic album, do you think it will be mostly new versions of songs from past albums, or do you think it will be completely new material?  Do you think it will reach the level of success as her other albums.  If not, do you think Capitol Records will allow her to do it?

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2014, 04:58:27 PM »
If Katy does release an acoustic album, do you think it will be mostly new versions of songs from past albums, or do you think it will be completely new material?  Do you think it will reach the level of success as her other albums.  If not, do you think Capitol Records will allow her to do it?
She already did the MTV unplugged thingy, and I think IF she were to release an acoustic album it would be similar.. I know she said she would really like to do an acoustic album, but I just don't see that happening; I mean besides from real katycats there probably isn't really a market for that kind of thing anyway.. and as for her leaving pop after Prism, yeah she might take a break from music and then branch out into different variations of pop but I don't think she could ever really leave it.  :katycat1:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 05:01:08 PM by Iced Diamonds »
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2014, 05:03:16 PM »
She already did the MTV unplugged thingy, and I think IF she were to release an acoustic album it would be similar.. I know she said she would really like to do an acoustic album, but I just don't see that happening; I mean besides from real katycats there probably isn't really a market for that kind of thing anyway.. and as for her leaving pop after Prism, yeah she might take a break from music and then branch out into different variations of pop but I don't think she could ever really leave it.  :katycat1:

And that's a shame, since the acoustic style really seems to be what suits her voice best.