Author Topic: Katy leaving Pop After Prism?  (Read 10749 times)

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
Re: Katy leaving Pop After Prism?
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2014, 09:44:16 PM »
I feel like Katy will be doing a acoustic album next  :firework: :firework: :firework: I WOULD LOVE THAT
Absolutely!  :pinkbow: And she can do a club/small venue tour. It would be perfect. I missed out on Hello Katy Tour. :(

Definitely! I also missed out on the Hello Katy Tour. :(
Me too! To experience that type of setting would be the best...

It would be awesome if she did a acoustic album next and to experience that kind of tour would be amazing :)

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2014, 01:39:22 AM »
Tbh, I think there'll will be a big enough break after this tour. I mean that's just my gut feeling, so it's probably wrong, it's just what I think.  There are certain things she'll probably want to do that'll mean not being on tour, or doing promo etc. Maybe she'll release an acoustic album and do a small tour, who knows!
No, it's probably right. Katy would have to be superhuman to just dish out another album right after the tour and start promoting again. Not even with 26 vitamin pills a day could she go on like that. The tour will be more rewarding than her promotional efforts on TV have been for which she got kicked so often which makes me feel awful about the last few months quite honestly, it's been a bloody hard time for her already, and from autumn 2015 that wonderful girl deserves a long good break.

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline ikatycat_

• Lost Control
  • Be yourself and you can be anything ♥
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
leave? no; I think she might take a break though! I think she will settle down start a family then possibly put out some singles or an acoustic album but I do think after prism she will be slowing down :)

Offline katycat4life1

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #183 on: January 25, 2014, 06:09:09 AM »
Tbh, I think there'll will be a big enough break after this tour. I mean that's just my gut feeling, so it's probably wrong, it's just what I think.  There are certain things she'll probably want to do that'll mean not being on tour, or doing promo etc. Maybe she'll release an acoustic album and do a small tour, who knows!
No, it's probably right. Katy would have to be superhuman to just dish out another album right after the tour and start promoting again. Not even with 26 vitamin pills a day could she go on like that. The tour will be more rewarding than her promotional efforts on TV have been for which she got kicked so often which makes me feel awful about the last few months quite honestly, it's been a bloody hard time for her already, and from autumn 2015 that wonderful girl deserves a long good break.

I couldn't agree more. I have never seen any other celebrity work as hard as Katy. She truly is a superhuman, but unfortunately she isn't. I couldn't imagine what all this is doing to her physically an especially mentally. She just care to much for her fans, I think more than she cares for herself.

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline katy_chameleon

• Dressed up like Elvis!
  • Katy's voice is like a pint of Guinness; smooth.
« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2014, 12:14:09 AM »
This is just speculation on my part, but I think the Prismatic era may be the last era we will see Katy as a "pop-queen or diva". Even on Prism, some of her songs are trending towards mature vocalization, a la Kelly Clarkson and Sara Bareilles. Katy herself has talked about experimenting with different musical styles and genres (e.g.: country), or putting out an all acoustic folk album. She's  probably seeing herself more as a musician than a performer.

Also, by the way things are looking, Katy would wrap up the PWT well into the fall of 2015. By that time, Katy would be 30 going on 31. Her audience/fanbase will be a bit more mature, and the younger generation will for the most part be latching onto younger pop stars. It would make more sense for her to attract a more mature audience, in spite of her declaration that she will "never grow up".

Katy may also develop the urge to want to start a family. That will change her perspective on life, as well as the demands on her time.

I would like to see Katy go back to her rocker-chick roots, as I see a natural fit there (I love Fingerprints!). But after the Prismatic era, Katy would have in all likelihood earned the right to do whatever she wants.

And no, I don't think Katy would quit singing. Ever.
KatyCat #22170
Twitter: @katy_chameleon
2011-07-19: Rogers Arena, Vancouver
2014-09-09: Rogers Arena, Vancouver

Offline SpecialK959

• Cherry Chapstick
« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2014, 12:39:27 PM »
I'd looooove to see Katy have a try at an acoustic folk album. The pop stuff is great but I really fell in love when I heard what a good voice she has when she strips everything else away and I feel like she doesn't showcase it enough.

Offline HollieKitty

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • Remembering last summer under the shooting stars
« Reply #186 on: February 15, 2014, 02:06:46 PM »
I wouldn't mind if she took a break from pop and wanted to do a acoustic album instead because her MTV Unplugged album from 2009 was great because it showed how beautiful Katy's voice really is. I really hope that she'll do in acoustic album as her next album

Totally agree, that album I think made even none Katy fans really see she can sing and she deserves to be where she is now!
Had to make a new account, KatyCat since 2008.

Offline kittykatyjess

• Let the Light In.
« Reply #187 on: February 16, 2014, 12:37:30 AM »
honestly i feel like there isnt going to be any more. :S i feel like she's going to take a lonnng break from the music scene. i mean, i want her to be happy but the thought of it makes me so sad but i feel like its gonna be whats gonna happen. :S im such a downer. lol. soz.
because legends never die.

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #188 on: February 16, 2014, 12:19:54 PM »
honestly i feel like there isnt going to be any more. :S i feel like she's going to take a lonnng break from the music scene. i mean, i want her to be happy but the thought of it makes me so sad but i feel like its gonna be whats gonna happen. :S im such a downer. lol. soz.

I just think it will be a looooong break, but she'll come back :) look at P!nk, shes got a family but still going :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • I love a California Gurl named Katy Perry
« Reply #189 on: February 16, 2014, 01:54:39 PM »

Of course she's probably gonna want to be taking a looooooooong break once the tour is done (or not...depending on what she's got planned). We may not hear from her for awhile but she will be around.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline Carmenxox

• I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
A break long or short, Katy will NEVER give up on music...I'm sure of it :) :strawberry:

Proud Katycat #5998

Offline TheMouse

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2014, 09:57:47 PM »
I worry less about those things; what makes me sad is, I won't be able to follow her entire career because I'll be dead long before that, having an average life expectancy of of, I think, 23 years left?  :emobanana:

❤ Kitty Purry is my favorite cat ❤

When I grow up I'm gonna be: an astronaut. President Katy Perry's personal assistant

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • I love a California Gurl named Katy Perry
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2014, 10:22:13 PM »
A break long or short, Katy will NEVER give up on music...I'm sure of it :) :strawberry:

THIS
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline kittykatyjess

• Let the Light In.
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2014, 12:20:07 AM »

I just think it will be a looooong break, but she'll come back :) look at P!nk, shes got a family but still going :)

yeah. i want her to take a break. lol. my bank account needs a break ;) and she deserves it. haha. :) i couldn't make a song let alone an album and then tour the world. pfft. lol. she's a legend doing what she's doing. :P
because legends never die.

Offline beckybo0

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
I'd love nothing more than for her to experiment with different genres of music! She has one of those vocals that will suit many styles. But if I'm honest, I'm still hanging in hope that eventually we will get that acoustic album. Even if it's an album of a few new songs mixed with old favourites in acoustic form I'd been more than happy. I do really want her to take a break though after this album n tour as she never really took much of one from TD release up to now the crazy woman! I worry about her too much at times!
Prismatic World Touring <3