So I've dabbled quite a bit in the world of podcasts, running my own solo KISS fan podcast that I was forced to stop for personal reasons, and currently running my gaming community's podcast, and I was interested in whether or not there were any Katy Perry fan podcasts. I took to google and found nothing, and searched on here and again found nothing.
Basically, I was kinda wanting to see if anyone would be interested in starting a Katy Perry fan podcast. As this is the official Katy Perry fan forum, figured we could get an official Katy Perry podcast (or not, that's cool w/e, still think a fan podcast would be nice even if it isn't official).
Basically here is where I need feedback.
As I still consider myself a KatyKitten (since I didn't join the KatyCats till this January) I was going to simply be the producer of the show, offering minor input and opinions rather than being a host. That being said, I am willing to dedicate myself to make sure the transitions and audio are spot on (I did my KISS fan podcast in one take, so that wasn't an issue, but for both my gaming and KISS fan podcasts I've been kinda lazy with the background music). However, I was thinking 2 or 3 members could be the actual hosts.
My basic qualifications for hosts:
1) A mic (duh!) I do audio podcasts (it is a podcast overall), so a webcam isn't necessary and I won't be recording the video feed if you do have one (at least not here in the early going, if this lasts who knows)
2) Dedication to a schedule. I try to get a normal schedule going. That being said, I would need you to be able to help setup and maintain a schedule for the recording. I'm not sure if this will be monthly or weekly. Basically, I need you to be able to be there when you say you will be able to record. An issue I ran into with my gaming podcast was my co-host was unreliable. We would agree to record at 11:00 AM central time and he wouldn't get online till 1 PM central.
3) A vast knowledge of Katy Perry. Not saying you need to know literally everything about Katy, but a good deal would be nice. I honestly would prefer some of the older (fan years, not age) KatyCats. Like the ones that were there before TD.
4) Mature mindset. While I don't plan on this being a 100% serious podcast, I really don't want to have to deal with someone giggling at the word "do do".
5) Fun personality. One thing that really annoys me when recording is monotone. This video shows you what I'm talking about (warning, I do say the f word, but it was bleeped out and was intentional and intended as a joke. I won't be dropping any curse words or anything on this podcast as I would like to keep it PG) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9zcmLv59jc
I'm Travis, and notice how upbeat and excited my voice is compared to Bob's voice. I literally had to speed his audio up to match my speed on the parts with us talking.
That's about all I can think of in terms of what I'm looking for in a host.
So yeah, I think this would be a fun thing to do. As we are getting ready to head into a new ERA, I figured this would be good timing to try to get this going. As for how often we would do this, I'm not sure atm. I think once we get the new era started and stuff starts happening, weekly would be easy, but as not much is going on in the KP world right now bi-weekly might be better. Idk.
Anyway, comments, suggestions, feedback...and...go!