Author Topic: EVERYTHING about THE PRISMATIC TOUR (theme, venues, opening acts, tickets...)  (Read 63217 times)

Offline riki23

• Wannabe
Re: so where does she prefoem most? main stage OR catwalk?
« Reply #2010 on: May 31, 2014, 09:52:58 AM »
She performs mostly on the main stage. She moves around a lot

REALLY? i thought she is mostly on the end of the catwalk.
there are the vip pack for europe so ill guess ill bu the reflaction pack :)

http://prismatic.vipnation.eu/

Offline MrFancypants569

• Ur Words Flow Like Honey
  • I am a Katy Perry DIE-HARD fan! Love her to bits!
Re: ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT NEXT TOUR (theme, venues, opening acts...)
« Reply #2011 on: May 31, 2014, 05:01:48 PM »
Does Katy have a TelePrompter this tour?

I was at the show in London on Wednesday & I didn't see one & I was quite impressed!

Monday March 28th 2011 = California Dreams Tour Dublin!! <- BEST NIGHT EVER!! xx

Offline SophieCat

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • California girl at heart
Re: so where does she prefoem most? main stage OR catwalk?
« Reply #2012 on: May 31, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »
She performs mostly on the main stage. She moves around a lot
huh, that makes me happy as I'm closer to the main stage and I'll be looking at her back when she's at the tip of the triangle!! it kept sounding like she spends the entire show at the tip :eyes:

CDT 8.21.11
PWT 8.7.14

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #2013 on: May 31, 2014, 09:09:25 PM »
^ She goes all over the place. From reading other experiences, she has her back turned to you during the acoustic set (if I remember from what i read)
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Online cottoncandycloud9

• Ur Words Flow Like Honey
  • After a hurricane, comes a rainbow
« Reply #2014 on: May 31, 2014, 09:13:28 PM »
yeah every show will be different, so I wouldn't worry. Anywhere you are is a good view ;)

Offline hbiemiller

• U think you're a Genius!
  • So you wanna play with magic?
« Reply #2015 on: June 01, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »
I mean think about it guys whether her back is facing you or not you are still within 20 feet of a goddess! :rofl: :rofl:

Online sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #2016 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »
Hoping that Katy will add more dates after presale!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #2017 on: June 01, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
my 2 cts after experimenting both RS and GS (not 1st row) 2 nights in a row :
RS was cool because you can see the whole stage and set, but the production is so amazing than if you're not prepared, you can miss a few things being in RS (can't say more without spoiling, but let's say she MIGHT be popping from place to place without you noticing...), but i was with people who'd seen the show so they were telling me where to look or where to go... I must say i had a feeling of running a marathon, but you don't HAVE to go EVERYWHERE she stands if you don't want to run around RS... You could just stand in the middle and turn around and enjoy everything. And dance, cause really, PLENTY of space.
Now GS : i was not front row but arriving at opening doors without queueing all day, i was maybe between row 5 and 6 at the tip of the prism. Something like that, still close to the front row... Maybe there was still room closer to the front row but on the side of the catwalk, but i was told that center (top of prism) was the place to be (i get where that comes from since it's the 2nd stage of the show, as catwalk is MAINLY - but not only - used to go from stage at the back to stage at the front). BUT i'm not tall (not small, but not tall) and couldn't see much of what happened at the tip of the prism (or at the back of the stage, actually, and not at all on the catwalks) cause the tip-of-the-prism stage is lower than a usual stage (it's about chest high) and the back of the stage is so far back... But during the acoustic set i could really see her and enjoy it, between people's arms and cameras :-) i ended up looking at the screens quite a lot other than during the acoustic session.

Both zones have inconvenients and advantages, and seats are really great if you're not tall and not seeking eye contact during the 2 hours of the show (or if you can't access floor standing because of age).
I think if you can't be front row GS, you're not tall and you don't particularly seek eye contact, opt for the best seats you can afford (but all would have perfect view, it's more a question of "what size do i want to see Katy ? Human size or ant size ?").
If you can queue all day (be 1st or 2nd row), or have early entry GS, GS is really great.
If you want eye contact + stage view + not queue all day, choose RS. But you'll have to see her (nice) back sometimes.

I don't know if it changed since the 1st shows, but she does look at RS a lot, during all the show except A PART of the acoustic session (with the guitar and the chat to the audience)... But she doesn't spend the last 45 minutes with her back to RS, really didn't experience that (i remember reading it in the beginning). Maybe she adjusted that from shows to shows...

My 2cts ! but US will be different as there's no standing outside the RS so everyone should see quite well...

Offline SophieCat

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • California girl at heart
« Reply #2018 on: June 01, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »
^^ thanks for your comments!! I have seats on the side of the catwalk so I'll have a good middle ground for viewing and at least I won't have to worry about getting the front row or anything  :katycat1:

CDT 8.21.11
PWT 8.7.14

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #2019 on: June 01, 2014, 11:19:28 AM »
^^ Agree! Wow, thanks for those comments/suggestions! That helped a ton! Appreciated. :)

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #2020 on: June 01, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
RS was cool because you can see the whole stage and set, but the production is so amazing than if you're not prepared, you can miss a few things being in RS (can't say more without spoiling, but let's say she MIGHT be popping from place to place without you noticing...), but i was with people who'd seen the show so they were telling me where to look or where to go... I must say i had a feeling of running a marathon, but you don't HAVE to go EVERYWHERE she stands if you don't want to run around RS... You could just stand in the middle and turn around and enjoy everything. And dance, cause really, PLENTY of space.
Now GS : i was not front row but arriving at opening doors without queueing all day, i was maybe between row 5 and 6 at the tip of the prism. Something like that, still close to the front row... Maybe there was still room closer to the front row but on the side of the catwalk, but i was told that center (top of prism) was the place to (i get dhere that comes from since it's the 2nd stage as catwalk is MAINLY but not only used to go from stage at the back to stage at the front). BUT i'm not tall (not small, but not tall) and couldn't see much of what happened at the tip of the prism (or at the back of the stage, actually, and not at all the catwalks) cause the tip is lower than a usual stage (because of the catwalk, the tip is about chest high) and the back of the stage is so far back... But during the acoustic set i could really see her and enjoy it, between people's arms and cameras :-) i ended up looking at the screens quite a lot.

Both zones have inconvenients and advantages, and seats are really great if you're not tall and not seeking eye contact during the 2 hours of the show (or if you can't access floor standing because of age).
I think if you can't be front row GS, you're not tall and you don't particularly seek eye contact, opt for the best seats you can afford (but all would have perfect view, it's more a question of "what size do i want to see Katy ? Human size or ant size ?").
If you can queue all day (be 1st or 2nd row), or have early entry GS, GS is really great.
If you want eye contact + stage view + not queue all day, choose RS. But you'll have to see her (nice) back sometimes.

I don't know if it changed since the 1st shows, but she does look at RS a lot, during all the show except A PART of the acoustic session (with the guitar and the chat to the audience)... But she doesn't spend the last 45 minutes with her back to RS, really didn't experience that (i remember reading it in the beginning). Maybe she adjusted that from shows to shows...

My 2cts ! but US will be different as there's no standing outside the RS so everyone should see quite well...

lots of information that is very useful! I agree that no matter where you sit, there are pros and cons of each. It depends all on how you make of it
Prism: let the light in

Online sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #2021 on: June 01, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »
Now GS : i was not front row but arriving at opening doors without queueing all day, i was maybe between row 5 and 6 at the tip of the prism. Something like that, still close to the front row... Maybe there was still room closer to the front row but on the side of the catwalk, but i was told that center (top of prism) was the place to be (i get where that comes from since it's the 2nd stage of the show, as catwalk is MAINLY - but not only - used to go from stage at the back to stage at the front). BUT i'm not tall (not small, but not tall) and couldn't see much of what happened at the tip of the prism (or at the back of the stage, actually, and not at all on the catwalks) cause the tip-of-the-prism stage is lower than a usual stage (it's about chest high) and the back of the stage is so far back... But during the acoustic set i could really see her and enjoy it, between people's arms and cameras :-) i ended up looking at the screens quite a lot other than during the acoustic session.

Completely agree, I ended up doing RS both nights as I was upgraded, however my second night was so much better then my first. The first day I queued from 6am and got to the barrier  but it was hard work to hold your place. And people shoving left right and centre, where as the second night I was with carmen and we didn't queue at all. We were second from the barier in the middle. And it was so much more fun!!! I have to admit I really enjoyed the second night a lot more then the first. However there was a few katycats on the first night that would've bitten me to get to the barrier, and definitely tried to push me off!! So if you're desperate, hold on for dear life!!! :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline CottonCandy

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • Information overload, situation lost control.
« Reply #2022 on: June 01, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »

During my first RS experience I was quite confused because there was so much going on everywhere but I was with people who had seen the show too (your people and my people might know each other) but I was still a bit confused. I've had the most fun dancing though!! Basically with RS you buy into not queueing and space to dance and move around. And it's true what Katy said before we knew the show - she's so CLOSE! It's like an overall front row experience with space.
My second RS experience was better - but maybe that's because I like to know what's going on and not being so overwhelmed by so many new impressions. Sorry we made you "run" ;)

I must say I've had more eye sex in GS! GS is great to get a good impression of the whole show. I think even when you're way back or have seats touching the ceiling - the tour was made for that and the visuals will make you happy.

Basically what I'm trying to say is: one show is not enough to experience everything. And I love the show, CDT seems so basic compared to this!

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
« Reply #2023 on: June 03, 2014, 08:37:21 AM »

here is what American Express pre-sale offers for Montpellier and Lyon...

So apparently, Golden circle could be Reflection section in Europe, as it is a Reflection Section ticket offered in the Golden Circle VIP Package... And the price of the Golden ticket by itself matches the RS ticket price.

It says :
Golden Circle ticket (Reflection Section) = 95 €
Seating cat A (lower part of the seats both sides of the stage) = 67.50 €
Other seats (high or low) = 58.70 €
Standing = 51 €

(for Lyon : ALL SEATS lateral or front stage are at the same price : 58.70 €)

Packages (ticket + goodies) :
Golden Circle = RS = 205 €
Seats both sides of the stage cat A = 166.50 €
Standing Early Entry = 150 €

Hope that helps a bit... They should have kept the Reflection Section name on the websites... I wonder why they had to change it and give it a second name, also calling it RS at another place... It's confusing.

Offline Chica

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm not giving up
« Reply #2024 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:16 AM »
Just checked Ticketmaster for Amsterdam - now they say for Reflection Section Package "Golden Circle" Ticket. So GC ist RS. There is a package or just the ticket for RS you can buy.

Can someone tell me how many tickets are sold for RS?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 04:01:35 AM by Chica »