Author Topic: EVERYTHING about THE PRISMATIC TOUR (theme, venues, opening acts, tickets...)  (Read 64747 times)

Offline NomadsGirl4ever

• Know it all
  • Do it ALL again...
I agree! Katy and her team are just incredible and who could ask for anything more?!  :firework:
Thank you! It's so true though, she has always been SO good to us and we couldn't ask her for to put on a better show so anything else is a huge bonus x

I love everything you just said! What a great kitten!  :firework: I agree with you completely!
That's so nice of you to keep us updated and is very exciting to hear that there *may* be opportunities for kittens to meet Katy on this tour. My dates are next weekend so I know this won't affect me but I'd be so happy to see others have their dreams come true, especially those who haven't had the chance to meet Katy before :)

During POM you can see how much extra 'work' meet and greets are, although it's obvious Katy loves interacting with her fans. At my M&G I was shocked at how many people she had to meet (aside from the Katycats...we got to meet her last) and thought that must be so tiring for her to do and then go and put on such an energetic show.

The most important thing is she is touring and we are all (hopefully) getting to see her over the next year or so doing what she does best!

By the grace of God... I finally met Katy!  :firework:

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
Do you guys think that there will be another opportunity through the forum to meet katy? I was reading about the one for the CDT and it sounded amazing! I hope they do that again  :dreamboat:

http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=15949.0 :)
At this point I think she's just not doing M&G at all... except for the last date.

why just the last date?what show is that?
How come I read on twitter that someone got/won a m&g with her yesterday??  They even had a pic of the shoes she signed for them
That was from a few days ago... before the tour started... they were waiting around the arena during rehearsal... and Katy came over to say hi. :)
That's so sweet of her :) I want to come really early for the tour in my city, which as two dates. But the first night I'm going I have RS and I'm wearing a home made costume. I don't want to come early in the morning and get all sweaty. So maybe the next day I'll come early in the morning.

What does your costume look like?!
I haven't made it yet, but I designed it. I want to have a sports bra and a high waisted skirt. On the sports bra I want to have cupcakes on the boobs, like Katy did for the CDT, but I'm doing it because I love Birthday so much! I also want to put little tigers on the straps and on the back write "Roar Enterprises." On the skirt I want to put rainbows around the ends for Double Rainbow and write song lyrics to Birthday along with sparkles and glitter. Idk what shoes I want to wear yet, probably some sort of high top sneakers.
Prism: let the light in

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Producer of the Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Am I right in saying that Katy over run herself by doing so many meet and greets last tour? I know when I meet her it was 1am until I finished meeting her, and she had a concert like that day as well. Which left almost no time to sleep and rehearse and have Katy time. I can imagine this is what it was like for all dates, not just mine. I love Katy and I really want there to be meet and greets but I completely understand why she may not do them at this point in the tour or at all. We all want a happy and healthy Katy and I think that's what it should really come down to :)
ps. sorry for the rant ;)

Gonna try to word this in a good of a way as possible.

I don't think it's the meet and greets last tour that wore her out. I firmly believe that it was the constant travel she did to go see Russell, as stated and showed in the movie. It also depends how you go about doing M&Gs. KISS always does M&Gs before every show and then goes on stage night after night for 2 hours, and they're in their 50s and 60s.

Tbh I think it all boils down to how much she can control herself. I think she'll obviously want to try to meet and please as many people as possible but there does have to be a limit. Limit the amount of time and people and do it prior to each concert. Granted this is only her second huge tour like this, not counting hello katy tour. Feel like CDT and PWT are far bigger shows/tours. Maybe it's not fair of me to compare to KISS since they have been doing major tours since the 70s, but whatevs.

If she doesn't do em, oh well. I'll be happy being so close to the stage one night, and in the pit the next.

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Katy Perry Fan Podcast
Twitter

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
Am I right in saying that Katy over run herself by doing so many meet and greets last tour? I know when I meet her it was 1am until I finished meeting her, and she had a concert like that day as well. Which left almost no time to sleep and rehearse and have Katy time. I can imagine this is what it was like for all dates, not just mine. I love Katy and I really want there to be meet and greets but I completely understand why she may not do them at this point in the tour or at all. We all want a happy and healthy Katy and I think that's what it should really come down to :)
ps. sorry for the rant ;)

Gonna try to word this in a good of a way as possible.

I don't think it's the meet and greets last tour that wore her out. I firmly believe that it was the constant travel she did to go see Russell, as stated and showed in the movie. It also depends how you go about doing M&Gs. KISS always does M&Gs before every show and then goes on stage night after night for 2 hours, and they're in their 50s and 60s.

Tbh I think it all boils down to how much she can control herself. I think she'll obviously want to try to meet and please as many people as possible but there does have to be a limit. Limit the amount of time and people and do it prior to each concert. Granted this is only her second huge tour like this, not counting hello katy tour. Feel like CDT and PWT are far bigger shows/tours. Maybe it's not fair of me to compare to KISS since they have been doing major tours since the 70s, but whatevs.

If she doesn't do em, oh well. I'll be happy being so close to the stage one night, and in the pit the next.

This is spot on!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Chica Guacamole

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • Livin' the Teenage Dream
Can anybody who has been to the shows so far shed some light on what Katy's on-stage time is? I'm guessing like 9:30ish?

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
Can anybody who has been to the shows so far shed some light on what Katy's on-stage time is? I'm guessing like 9:30ish?

I think it's like 8:45/9?
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline aims____

• Shake the Glitter!
  • Katycat
Wasn't sure which thread to put this in but just to let you all know that Katy no longer asks which song you want her to sing. I was at the Newcastle date last night and she didn't ask if we wanted her to sing Ghost or Double Rainbow, she just automatically sang Double Rainbow.

Newcastle Hello Katy Tour - 26.08.2009
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 03.04.2011
Newcastle California Dreams Tour - 27.10.2011
Newcastle Prismatic World Tour RS - 10.05.2014
Liverpool Prismatic World Tour RS - 21.05.2014
Manchester Prismatic World Tour RS - 24.05.2014

I met Tamra! 10/05/2014

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
As good as the PWT looks... I definitely left my heart at the CDT

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
Wasn't sure which thread to put this in but just to let you all know that Katy no longer asks which song you want her to sing. I was at the Newcastle date last night and she didn't ask if we wanted her to sing Ghost or Double Rainbow, she just automatically sang Double Rainbow.

Hmmm. It may vary for each show
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline I-Wanna-See-Your-Peacock

• Dirty Doggy

This is how I feel as well because it was so magical and everything but I won't make my mind up until I've actually been to the date I'm going to on the 21st at the Echo arena (reflection section!). :kittypurry:

KATYCAT #8619

Liverpool Echo Arena: 27/03/11 - AMAZING!

MEN Arena: 31/10/11 - Best Halloween EVER! I MET KATY!

KP3D London Premiere: 03/07/12 - INCREDIBLE!

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come

Hmmm. It may vary for each show
Personally, I like Double Rainbow WAY better than Ghost. I thought she would sing DR no matter what
Prism: let the light in

Offline Lukee_KaatyCaat

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR: 20/05/14
KATYCATS, wher is the best place to standing in general standing. Like I got in 9 days and I'm fretting like mad :rofl:

❤20/5/14❤

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
http://www.nottinghampost.com/know-exactly-Nottingham-like-Katy-Perry/story-21075819-detail/story.html#ixzz31E9ySIGu
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity-interviews/superstar-katy-perry-reveals-passion-3490766
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/shes-ready-to-roar-star-katy-perry-gears-up-for-huge-belfast-shows-30245970.html
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/katy-perry-set-play-birminghams-7094741
http://www.thejournal.co.uk/culture/music-nightlife-news/katy-perry-prepares-roar-metro-7090982
Can someone tell me what on earth is going on with this interview? The way she's saying the exact same thing in what are meant to be shown as different interviews to different papers, especially at the part when she's always saying 'I should know exactly what ________ is like' but just changing the city name, which ironically completely defeats the whole point she's trying to make when she says that ???

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
http://www.nottinghampost.com/know-exactly-Nottingham-like-Katy-Perry/story-21075819-detail/story.html#ixzz31E9ySIGu
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity-interviews/superstar-katy-perry-reveals-passion-3490766
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/entertainment/news/shes-ready-to-roar-star-katy-perry-gears-up-for-huge-belfast-shows-30245970.html
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/katy-perry-set-play-birminghams-7094741
http://www.thejournal.co.uk/culture/music-nightlife-news/katy-perry-prepares-roar-metro-7090982
Can someone tell me what on earth is going on with this interview? The way she's saying the exact same thing in what are meant to be shown as different interviews to different papers, especially at the part when she's always saying 'I should know exactly what ________ is like' but just changing the city name, which ironically completely defeats the whole point she's trying to make when she says that ???

welcome to the Behind The Scenes of the tour interviews... Often, after (or before) the shows, she does interviews with several journalists in one room asking questions, and they'll write down her answers to every questions asked to make their article. That's often how it goes. And then, sometimes, she just has a prepared answer to recurrent questions (or like a "statement") that they use as if it was a real interview.
The spontaneity of the interviews depends a lot on the questions asked : are they the regular recurrent questions or are they original ? And sometimes, they have questions / answers prepared so it doesn't drift away from a line...
Tour interviews are the worst when it comes to spontaneity. All the same.

Offline Chica Guacamole

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • Livin' the Teenage Dream

This is how I feel as well because it was so magical and everything but I won't make my mind up until I've actually been to the date I'm going to on the 21st at the Echo arena (reflection section!). :kittypurry:

I know what you mean...the CDT will always be special because it's when I first saw Katy, but I think PWT will be just as spectacular, just in a different way. Can't wait to see for myself what Katy has in store for us in Glasgow! :katycat4: