Author Topic: EVERYTHING about THE PRISMATIC TOUR (theme, venues, opening acts, tickets...)  (Read 74388 times)

Offline ChrisB

• Reading Hemingway
Re: ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT NEXT TOUR (theme, venues, meet & greet, opening acts...)
« Reply #1230 on: January 18, 2014, 10:53:55 AM »
Thanks for your response!

I realize the details have not yet been released, but I"m trying to get a sense of how this stuff usually works. Back when I was going to concerts they didn't offer this sort of thing :)

So do you use your own camera and have to have a friend or maybe her handler take the photo?

I see that the previous packages included things like pre-show parties, etc. What is that like?

I think that Citi does work like Amex. I'm going to call the citibank folks today. I guess I'll be sitting by the computer waiting for 10 am to roll around that day! Again, back in the day, you went  to the arena and stood in line. Glad I don't have to do that, but nervous about getting into the system when I'm sure so many others will be also.

I'm excited that she's kicking her tour off in Raleigh, but wish it was Charlotte, where we actually live :)

You cant use your personal camera at the meet and greet, someone from her staff  took the pictures, they are then posted on a website ( you get the password to access them in the vip email they will sent you 5-10 days prior to your show

Pre show party is a round 5pm, last tour they had snacks, they gave you 2 drink coupons, they had katy karaoke, raffled some merchadise, handed you you "free" merchandise bag that came with the package, they then took you into the arena before the doors were opened so you could go  to thecrwod free merchandise booth
then they took you to katy's room where more snacks were waiting, then you met katy for small chit chat you were alloweed one autograph and then you got your picture taken with her.

Offline natesmom

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
Re: ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT NEXT TOUR (theme, venues, meet & greet, opening acts...)
« Reply #1231 on: January 18, 2014, 11:06:28 AM »
Thanks so much! I appreciate your response. Hopefully it will work the same on this tour. Now I'm getting excited! What I'm getting at, I guess, is if I don't really want to pay extra for ME to meet Katy, maybe I'll just get him the VIP with meet&greet. We shall see!

Offline Canadianbri

• Wannabe w. more posts
« Reply #1232 on: January 18, 2014, 02:05:12 PM »
What I don't get is why the Facebook pre-sale and the Citi pre-sale both get to buy tickets before the PRISM bundle pre-sale. I thought when I bought it I could get the best seats, but now since I don't have  a Citi I might not get that great of seats. I really think Katy should have let the ones who bought the PRISM bundles get first pick at tickets.  :-\ ???

See the problem is we dont know what tickets will be set aside for the prism bundle presale code. Just because one presale is before another, doesnt necessarily mean the "better" tickets will go onsale first. Only problem is we dont know. If the Facebook and bundle presale are the same day, they we will have to switch back and fourth to see which are better i guess.lol. Hopefully Katy has the better ones for the Bundle presale. Good luck all.

Offline KatyJenna

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #1233 on: January 18, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
Thanks for your response!

I realize the details have not yet been released, but I"m trying to get a sense of how this stuff usually works. Back when I was going to concerts they didn't offer this sort of thing :)

So do you use your own camera and have to have a friend or maybe her handler take the photo?

I see that the previous packages included things like pre-show parties, etc. What is that like?

I think that Citi does work like Amex. I'm going to call the citibank folks today. I guess I'll be sitting by the computer waiting for 10 am to roll around that day! Again, back in the day, you went  to the arena and stood in line. Glad I don't have to do that, but nervous about getting into the system when I'm sure so many others will be also.

I'm excited that she's kicking her tour off in Raleigh, but wish it was Charlotte, where we actually live :)

You cant use your personal camera at the meet and greet, someone from her staff  took the pictures, they are then posted on a website ( you get the password to access them in the vip email they will sent you 5-10 days prior to your show

Pre show party is a round 5pm, last tour they had snacks, they gave you 2 drink coupons, they had katy karaoke, raffled some merchadise, handed you you "free" merchandise bag that came with the package, they then took you into the arena before the doors were opened so you could go  to thecrwod free merchandise booth
then they took you to katy's room where more snacks were waiting, then you met katy for small chit chat you were alloweed one autograph and then you got your picture taken with her.
I live in Charlotte too omg! :rofl:

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #1234 on: January 18, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »
What I don't get is why the Facebook pre-sale and the Citi pre-sale both get to buy tickets before the PRISM bundle pre-sale. I thought when I bought it I could get the best seats, but now since I don't have  a Citi I might not get that great of seats. I really think Katy should have let the ones who bought the PRISM bundles get first pick at tickets.  :-\ ???

See the problem is we dont know what tickets will be set aside for the prism bundle presale code. Just because one presale is before another, doesnt necessarily mean the "better" tickets will go onsale first. Only problem is we dont know. If the Facebook and bundle presale are the same day, they we will have to switch back and fourth to see which are better i guess.lol. Hopefully Katy has the better ones for the Bundle presale. Good luck all.

I hope the bundle presales work out too! Ugh this is stressful
Prism: let the light in

Offline SandCatz

• Reading Hemingway
  • Chi-town KatyCat!
« Reply #1235 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »
idk if they're legit but i was looking at some of the prices on a bunch of websites and even for the very back of the arena they were like $133 at the lowest. lol for CDT i got 2 tickets for like 85. so expensive this time ughhhh.

If they're for the US, I don't think they're legit because no websites should have KP tickets other than Ticketmaster right now.  There's no way she would charge that much for a back row seat considering we're assuming RS will be about $170 in most arenas.  I'm guessing back of the arena will be around $50 or so.

There are definitely PWT tickets available already on broker sites like stubhub. And they're legit. I was talking to someone from stubhub about another show I went to recently.  I asked her how some people can have entire rows for sale, when there was a six ticket limit. She told me that some people have relationships with the venue, or with the artists, and they get preferential treatment and can buy tickets that regular people can't.
It totally sucks, but that's the industry. So somehow people were able to get PWT tickets early, and they are already selling them.
 :twitch:
ChicagoKatyCat
Met Katy 8/21/11 ChicagoDreams
LADreams 11/22/11
Daughter danced on stage w/Katy 11/23/11 Give Thanks
LA KP3D Premiere 6/26/12
Milwaukee Obama Rally 11/2/12
ChicagoPWT 8/7/14 & 8/8/14
LAPWT 9/19/14

[/

Offline Canadasakura

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #1236 on: January 18, 2014, 08:50:51 PM »
Thanks guys! This is helpful!  I'm in Edmonton and would LOVE a M&G! Now I know to plan around $500+  Crossing my fingers they release details soon! The suspense is killing me!  :faline:

Offline KatysTwinBrother

• Reading Hemingway
  • You're gonna hear me rooaaaarrr!!
« Reply #1237 on: January 18, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »
I so hope that I can purchase a M&G. I wish it was basic and through fan club. All these other places gets confusing trying to pick the correct one.

Nashville - 06/27/2014

Offline meowpower

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #1238 on: January 19, 2014, 04:02:32 AM »
I've been looking through the forums and there's a few things I don't understand.

Will the reflection section that everyone's talking about cost more than the seated floor?
What's the difference between general admittance tickets and the standing reflection section?
Ticket master only has list 2 prices for the St.Louis MO show $26.50 and $125.50. That seems like a rather steep price difference, will there be any price levels in between them?  :hellokaty:

Offline Guiluroma

• Out to Lunch
  • Letting the light in.
« Reply #1239 on: January 19, 2014, 04:48:47 AM »
Will the reflection section that everyone's talking about cost more than the seated floor?

In all seating charts I've seen (that include ticket prices) both seated floor and reflection section cost the same. So no, same price.

What's the difference between general admittance tickets and the standing reflection section?

Considering GA refers to seated/standing areas that are not reserved/assigned, I don't think theres any difference.

Ticket master only has list 2 prices for the St.Louis MO show $26.50 and $125.50. That seems like a rather steep price difference, will there be any price levels in between them?  :hellokaty:

Yes, there will. That's just the price range.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:55:09 AM by Guiluroma »
THE CALIFORNIA DREAMS TOUR
03/04/2011 - Newcastle, United Kingdom

THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
28/05/2014 - London, United Kingdom
30/05/2014 - London, United Kingdom
16/02/2015 - Barcelona, Spain

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #1240 on: January 19, 2014, 07:46:46 AM »
So in the US is there standing and seated for RS
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline Guiluroma

• Out to Lunch
  • Letting the light in.
« Reply #1241 on: January 19, 2014, 08:06:58 AM »

No, RS is standing only.
THE CALIFORNIA DREAMS TOUR
03/04/2011 - Newcastle, United Kingdom

THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR
28/05/2014 - London, United Kingdom
30/05/2014 - London, United Kingdom
16/02/2015 - Barcelona, Spain

Offline KatyJenna

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #1242 on: January 19, 2014, 11:07:37 AM »

No, RS is standing only.
Ok, does anyone know about the PRISM bundle pre-sale? Like the date they go on sale? I e-mailed Katys website and they said they would e-mail me beck the next day with information on it, but it was only information on the CITI pre-sale and Facebook pre-sale.

Offline katykicksass

• A Dead Battery
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #1243 on: January 19, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »

No, RS is standing only.
Ok, does anyone know about the PRISM bundle pre-sale? Like the date they go on sale? I e-mailed Katys website and they said they would e-mail me beck the next day with information on it, but it was only information on the CITI pre-sale and Facebook pre-sale.

The Prism bundle presale starts on the 23rd.
06/30/11 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/14 Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #1244 on: January 19, 2014, 11:34:28 AM »
So confused lmao! In the UK RS fits like 500 apparently in the US it only fits 250?
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.