Author Topic: Wide Awake confirmed as 2nd TDTCC Single  (Read 9948 times)

Offline NA

• Wannabe
Wide Awake confirmed as 2nd TDTCC Single
« on: May 07, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »
Hey everyone, news this morning has emerged that Wide Awake will be the 2nd Single off the re-release.

http://popdust.com/2012/05/07/katy-perry-wide-awake-new-single/

To be honest I'm a bit disappointed. Dressin' Up would have been a huge hit. It's a shame that one of her best songs will never get single treatment (it seems unlikely that they would stretch this era out even further and release a 3rd single off TCC).

Wide Awake is a nice song, but in terms of hit potential, definitely not as strong as Dressin' Up imo.

Thoughts?

Offline dclyde18

• Dirty Doggy
  • "I fart in your general direction!"
Re: Wide Awake confirmed as 2nd TDTCC Single
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:53:33 PM »
I mean, it makes sense to release Wide Awake, it says on the complete confection that it was written for KP3D. BUT, I really want Dressin' Up to be a single. It would be the perfect summer anthem. Maybe they'll stretch TD era out? *please say yes*

Shit KatyCats Say Thread: http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=12617.0
PROUD Katycat #36,593!!!
Thanks to Sinfrid for my awesome sig!

Offline NA

• Wannabe
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:32 AM »
Although, reading over this article, it doesn't really cite any sources. Katy hasn't said anything on twitter either.

Offline kp-freak.no1

• Not What I Planned
  • Be my Teenage Dream tonight! <3
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 01:00:20 AM »
I'd prefer DU too, cause it's one of Katys most awesome songs...BUT since WA is confirmed to be the lead song of Katys upcoming movie it makes sense...also the picture she tweeted (with her nails) fits perfectly to WA ;)
My graphics & request thread! :xxx:

06-07-2009 Luxembourg
06-03-2011 Frankfurt
31-10-2011 Manchester

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 03:10:33 AM »
Yeah the article isn't very trustworthy but I'd LOVE for Wide Awake to be a single. Mostly for the music video.  :)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 03:25:53 AM »
It is the next single, but it hasn't been confirmed anywhere.
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline Tomas_Lajza

• Is Still Trying to Connect the Dots
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 04:03:48 AM »
Ryan Raddon (Kaskade), who made official remix for Teenage Dream, is actually making new remix for Wide Awake. It's almost official, that Wide Awake is her next single :)

http://fmitracks.com/2012/04/preview-katy-perry-wide-awake-kaskade-remix.html
Please visit my website about Katy :)
http://lovekatyperry.blog.cz/

Offline Blanderz

• Ur Words Flow Like Honey
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 04:04:05 AM »
Katy said in a interview herself that 'Part Of Me 3D closes the chapter of Teenage Dream', so no more singles from Teenage Dream/ TDCC after Wide Awake, I think another single would be overkill anyway, gurl needs a break.  ;)

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 04:25:38 AM »
Katy said in a interview herself that 'Part Of Me 3D closes the chapter of Teenage Dream', so no more singles from Teenage Dream/ TDCC after Wide Awake, I think another single would be overkill anyway, gurl needs a break.  ;)

Everything after The One That Got Away was overkill...
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline Blanderz

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 06:00:51 AM »

Everything after The One That Got Away was overkill...

Yeah I kinda agree, but I'm glad Part Of Me was released and got #1 in the US/UK. I just hope Wide Awake is really the end of Teenage Dream, this era has been epic but needs to end soon, and bring on Album 3 next year!  :)

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 06:19:30 AM »
I just hope her next album isn't about relationships going bad, it's gonna look like she's milking it.

-The One That Got Away
--Gets Divorce
-'Awh, poor Katy, that's so cruely ironic.'
-Releases Part of Me
-Public: Yeah Katy! You tell that Rusty Brown or whoever! Woo! (And that is what the public think.)
-Releases Wide Awake
-OK, we get it, you're divorced now... :)
-Releases Dark Album about relationships going bad
- ... -_-'

Offline Blanderz

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 06:40:06 AM »
I just hope her next album isn't about relationships going bad, it's gonna look like she's milking it.

-The One That Got Away
--Gets Divorce
-Releases Part of Me
-Public: Yeah Katy! You tell that Rusty Brown or whoever! Woo! (And that is what the public think.)
-Releases Wide Awake
- ... -_-'

haha +1 no Adele 21 please, a few touching songs on the album would be nice but keep the hits coming, more dance please  :lol: I hope she makes a few hits with Calvin Harris...

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »

-The One That Got Away
--Gets Divorce
-Releases Part of Me
-Releases Wide Awake
- ... -_-'

haha +1 no Adele 21 please, a few touching songs on the album would be nice but keep the hits coming, more dance please  :lol: I hope she makes a few hits with Calvin Harris...
It worked for Pink.  :lol:
But yeah, seriously though, I hope she keeps up with the quirky pop and doesn't go all Adele on us. Although I doubt that will happen anyway.

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 07:22:02 AM »
I have a feeling that Katys next album will be her 'True Blue' moment - IE the time when Music Fans/Critics/Everyone sat up and realised that this Madonna girl is here to stay. I know people all compare Gaga to Madonna, but what they seem to forget themselves is that Madonna herself was the Katy Perry to Cyndi Lauper's Gaga.

I know, my hopes and expectations for her next album are too high, but I can dream! Out of the current Pop girls I really only see Katy as the potential 'Next Biggest Popstar of all time'. Gaga's following Cyndi's path right now - Massive Party songs/Fun Gaga - Caring for the Gays/focusing 100% on them - Being knocked out of the game by Madonna/(Katy?!)

Yay for off-topicness/random bullshit which probably won't be true! :P

Offline debatti

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I love katy like the fat kid loves candyfornia
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 08:01:25 AM »
I have a feeling that Katys next album will be her 'True Blue' moment - IE the time when Music Fans/Critics/Everyone sat up and realised that this Madonna girl is here to stay. I know people all compare Gaga to Madonna, but what they seem to forget themselves is that Madonna herself was the Katy Perry to Cyndi Lauper's Gaga.

I know, my hopes and expectations for her next album are too high, but I can dream! Out of the current Pop girls I really only see Katy as the potential 'Next Biggest Popstar of all time'. Gaga's following Cyndi's path right now - Massive Party songs/Fun Gaga - Caring for the Gays/focusing 100% on them - Being knocked out of the game by Madonna/(Katy?!)

Yay for off-topicness/random bullshit which probably won't be true! :P

Katy needs to reinvent the pop-wheel first. How can she do that in this day and age?