Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 304067 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5655 on: January 10, 2014, 06:05:32 PM »
Come to think of it, with the exception of Thinking of You (and Ur so Gay, but I'm not sure if that counts as a single), every single that Katy has ever released was #1 on some chart!

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Purrrfection
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #5656 on: January 11, 2014, 01:17:22 AM »
Come to think of it, with the exception of Thinking of You (and Ur so Gay, but I'm not sure if that counts as a single), every single that Katy has ever released was #1 on some chart!
Thinking Of You was #1 in Brazil. Does that count?  :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #5657 on: January 11, 2014, 03:25:42 AM »

Yes we will count that!!  Dark Horse has not yet peaked, but I suspect that it will be able to reach #1 on some chart, perhaps even the Billboard Hot 100!!

This makes me wonder: is Katy the first person ever to accomplish this!  Having 14 singles that were #1 on some chart (15 if you count Peacock, which was never released as a single, but was #1 on the Hot Dance Club chart).  This will almost certainly rise to 15 (16 counting Peacock) if Dark Horse is #1 on any chart, which it almost certainly will.

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Purrrfection
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #5658 on: January 11, 2014, 04:12:02 AM »

Yes we will count that!!  Dark Horse has not yet peaked, but I suspect that it will be able to reach #1 on some chart, perhaps even the Billboard Hot 100!!

This makes me wonder: is Katy the first person ever to accomplish this!  Having 14 singles that were #1 on some chart (15 if you count Peacock, which was never released as a single, but was #1 on the Hot Dance Club chart).  This will almost certainly rise to 15 (16 counting Peacock) if Dark Horse is #1 on any chart, which it almost certainly will.
I don't think so. The most #1 one singles were The Beatles with 20 #1 singles in US Billboard chart alone.

Offline steviep24

• Wants to See Your Peacock
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5659 on: January 11, 2014, 07:19:24 AM »

I don't think so. The most #1 one singles were The Beatles with 20 #1 singles in US Billboard chart alone.
Uncon was #1 on the Billboard Dance Club chart. I remember seeing that somewhere, perhaps in one of the Uncon threads.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #5660 on: January 11, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »

Uncon was #1 on the Billboard Dance Club chart. I remember seeing that somewhere, perhaps in one of the Uncon threads.

Yes, and I counted that as one of the 15 songs that I mentioned.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #5661 on: January 11, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »

But during that time, did the Beatles have any songs that were not #1 on any chart?  Katy has not.  The 15 songs I am referring to are (I won't list any other charts if a song was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100):

I Kissed a Girl: Billboard Hot 100 #1
Hot n Cold: Hot Dance Club #1 / Hot Adult 40 #1
Thinking of You: #1 in Brazil
Waking Up in Vegas: Hot Dance Club #1 / Hot Mainstream Top 40 #1
California Gurls: Billboard Hot 100 #1
Teenage Dream: Billboard Hot 100 #1
Firework: Billboard Hot 100 #1
E.T.: Billboard Hot 100 #1
Last Friday Night: Billboard Hot 100 #1
The One that Got Away: Hot Dance Club #1 / Hot Adult Pop #1 / Hot Pop #1
Peacock: Never released as a single, but Hot Dance Club #1
Part of Me: Billboard Hot 100 #1
Wide Awake: Hot Dance Club #1 / Hot Adult Top 40 #1 / Hot Mainstream Top 40 #1
Roar: Billboard Hot 100 #1
Unconditionally: Hot Dance Club #1 (has not yet peaked on the "adult" charts, so could very well be #1 on at least one of them too)

That is 15 songs, and there were no other singles released in betwen any of them.  Even if you count Ur So Gay as a single, it's still 15 consecutive songs.

The likely #16 is:
Dark Horse: Has not yet peaked, but will likely be #1 on some chart, perhaps even Billboard Hot 100.

Offline emmykatycat_perry

• Wannabe
  • I went from zero to my own hero!
« Reply #5662 on: January 11, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
Unconditionally is at number 16. here in Austria :/ Timber by Kesha and Pitbull is at nr.1. Unconditionally is much better !! Austria is stupid xD Hahaha :D Love you Katycats !  :xxx: :strawberry: :pinkbow:
LOL 'Austria is stupid' - Jo, des waas i eh!  :lol:

I'm so happy for Katy, and yes, alone that she has ALL those in the charts is really fantastic, the #1 will come in good time, no worries!  :firework: She tweeted about the US iTunes when she got to China, I'm happy because she is happy!

Hahaha joo xD  :pinkbow: :flowerpower:

Offline steviep24

• Wants to See Your Peacock
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5663 on: January 16, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »
Dark Horse is #1 on billboard digital charts
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #5664 on: January 16, 2014, 07:28:48 PM »
Dark Horse is #1 on billboard digital charts

Yay!  So now Katy has 16 consecutive songs that are #1 on some chart!!

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5665 on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:51 PM »
Billboard Hot 100 - Dark Horse #4

:) She gave me my guitar back...
She gave me my voice back...

...and I have opened one that leads me to the perfect road :firework:

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

Offline katymylife

• Falling From Cloud 9
« Reply #5666 on: January 18, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »
Billboard Hot 100 - Dark Horse #4

Yay! :firework:

October 14, 2014- PWT Monterrey, Mexico
October 15, 2014- PWT Monterrey, Mexico

KatyCat since 2011. @_KatyPCat

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #5667 on: January 21, 2014, 11:48:36 AM »
Billboard top 40 Dark Horse #5, greatest gainer top of list +1994

...what more could I want? :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost: :frolickingghost:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Head-Turning
  • Katycat
« Reply #5668 on: January 21, 2014, 09:20:09 PM »
Unconditonally is now #1 on the Adult Top 40 chart!!!!  I know people here say that chart means nothing, but it obviously means something or they wouldn't bother compiling it.  Katy has the all-time record with that chart!

Offline TheMouse

« Reply #5669 on: January 22, 2014, 12:20:50 AM »
Unconditonally is now #1 on the Adult Top 40 chart!!!!  I know people here say that chart means nothing, but it obviously means something or they wouldn't bother compiling it.  Katy has the all-time record with that chart!
if you look at my most recent post in Katy's songs heard in random places, that wasn't a 'real' radio station but it shows some clever people who make playlists and have to know what they do use it; awesome.