Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 306824 times)

Offline rafaelmuniz

• Head-Turning
  • Dreams won't work unless you do.
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5610 on: January 08, 2014, 10:25:22 AM »
I'm glad they didn't decide to ignore Dark Horse like they did to Peacock. Girl is gonna live at the top of Billboard for weeks.

http://katyperrylicious.tumblr.com | http://www.katyperry.com.br

São Paulo 09/25/2011 - I wore the wig that's blue & found a love that's true ♥
Rio de Janeiro 07/30/2012 - Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D Premiere

Offline steviep24

• Wants to See Your Peacock
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5611 on: January 08, 2014, 11:17:26 AM »
Billboard 200: #4 Katy Perry, PRISM 51,000 (1,020,000 total).

Hot Digital Songs: #4 Dark Horse, @KatyPerry Feat. @therealjuicyj 229,000 (1,469,000 total).

Hot Digital Songs: #9 Roar, @KatyPerry 157,000 (4,567,000 total).

Follow https://twitter.com/chartnews
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:46:15 AM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5612 on: January 08, 2014, 12:24:50 PM »
I'm glad they didn't decide to ignore Dark Horse like they did to Peacock. Girl is gonna live at the top of Billboard for weeks.

I thought that Katy asked several radio stations if they'd be willing to play Peacock, and they all said no.  And besides, I thought music critics considered Peacock to be one of the worst songs ever written.  Dark Horse, on the other hand, is unique, and has nothing objectionable, and can attract listeners from a variety of genres.  Dark Horse I've seen compared to E.T., and I think that is a good comparison.  E.T. of course was a huge hit, but I doubt that Peacock would have been nearly as big.

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5613 on: January 08, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
Music critics and charts have nothing to do with each other.

On UK iTunes it's really bad. Dark Horse is #224, and Prism itself #245 .
Prism has worldwide sold just over two million, and considering that half of that was sold in the USA it isn't that much really all over. I thought it would do better in sales. I think what Prism and all the singles coming out if it really need is a world tour ;)

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline steviep24

• I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5614 on: January 08, 2014, 04:34:18 PM »

I thought that Katy asked several radio stations if they'd be willing to play Peacock, and they all said no.  And besides, I thought music critics considered Peacock to be one of the worst songs ever written.  Dark Horse, on the other hand, is unique, and has nothing objectionable, and can attract listeners from a variety of genres.  Dark Horse I've seen compared to E.T., and I think that is a good comparison.  E.T. of course was a huge hit, but I doubt that Peacock would have been nearly as big.
Peacock just isn't radio friendly, especially in the US, that's all.  :lol: There is a clean version but it just doesn't sound right. Garbage or not it still is a fun song and Katy did an amazing performance of it for her CDT.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #5615 on: January 08, 2014, 04:57:16 PM »

Peacock just isn't radio friendly, especially in the US, that's all.  :lol: There is a clean version but it just doesn't sound right. Garbage or not it still is a fun song and Katy did an amazing performance of it for her CDT.

In the UK Katy spoke about the song alan carr in 2010 and it was obvious its not appropriate for radio stations
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5616 on: January 08, 2014, 05:52:25 PM »
I know a radio channel which plays Peacock - ABC KatyCat webradio France  :lol:

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5617 on: January 08, 2014, 06:13:35 PM »

What is the clean version of Peacock?  There wouldn't be much left to the song.  lol

Keep in mind that if a song doesn't get radio airplay, most people won't become aware of it, other than real fans who buy the entire album anyway.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5618 on: January 08, 2014, 06:14:28 PM »
I know a radio channel which plays Peacock - ABC KatyCat webradio France  :lol:

Is that a radio station that plays nothing but Katy Perry songs?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5619 on: January 08, 2014, 06:16:30 PM »

Prism has worldwide sold just over two million, and considering that half of that was sold in the USA it isn't that much really all over. I thought it would do better in sales. I think what Prism and all the singles coming out if it really need is a world tour ;)

This board seems to have a lot of members from the UK, and I know Katy's tour is starting in the UK, and it seems she spent more time in the UK promoting Prism than in the US.  I was therefore under the impression that Katy was really popular in the UK.  Is that not the case?  Or was Teenage Dream really popular there, but not Prism for some reason?

Offline Lellow

• Out to Lunch
  • Mark my words
« Reply #5620 on: January 08, 2014, 06:25:47 PM »
That's awesome! It's happening  :frolickingghost:

Offline katykicksass

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Once a KatyCat, Always a KatyCat
« Reply #5621 on: January 08, 2014, 06:29:07 PM »
Dark Horse has made it's way up the charts and landed at #7 on the Canadian iTunes
06/30/2011 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 Toronto @ Air Canada Centre

Offline steviep24

• I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5622 on: January 08, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »

This board seems to have a lot of members from the UK, and I know Katy's tour is starting in the UK, and it seems she spent more time in the UK promoting Prism than in the US.  I was therefore under the impression that Katy was really popular in the UK.  Is that not the case?  Or was Teenage Dream really popular there, but not Prism for some reason?
Conalae will probably come later and chime in. Anyway, the UK is the largest music market in the world but also has their own separate music industry. There are so many popular British acts it's really hard for American acts to compete with them. And as you know many of those acts often dominate US charts as well.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
« Reply #5623 on: January 08, 2014, 06:55:47 PM »
No she is really popular over here, American music dominates our charts far more than UK music does in the US, I don't think we should be worrying about Dark Horse just yet (especially not out of the US)... but apparently Prism is now at #289... How on earth is it ANYWHERE NEAR that low?? There MUST be some kind of mistake... what on earth would make it drop 44 places in two and a half hours?

Artpop is at #103 or something (and that's bad anyway) and everyone knows Prism is doing better, ... I see in HMV all the time that they've reduced the price of Artpop to I think £7.99 , but are still selling Prism at full price (£9.99 and £12.99), so that must mean that Prism is selling better that Artpop, no? This must be a mistake...

EDIT: Now at #293, in a few minutes it will be gone... something must be wrong.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 07:03:53 PM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline steviep24

• I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5624 on: January 08, 2014, 07:08:58 PM »
No she is really popular over here, American music dominates our charts far more than UK music does in the US, I don't think we should be worrying about Dark Horse just yet (especially not out of the US)... but apparently Prism is now at #289... How on earth is it ANYWHERE NEAR that low?? There MUST be some kind of mistake... what on earth would make it drop 44 places in two and a half hours?

Artpop is at #103 or something (and that's bad anyway) and everyone knows Prism is doing better, ... I see in HMV all the time that they've reduced the price of Artpop to I think £7.99 , but are still selling Prism at full price (£9.99 and £12.99), so that must mean that Prism is selling better that Artpop, no? This must be a mistake...

EDIT: Now at #293, in a few minutes it will be gone... something must be wrong.
Thanks for clearing that up. But that really sounds screwed up though.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC