Please login or register. April 25, 2014, 01:24:21 AM

Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 294744 times)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Belfast 7 May '14 <3
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5595 on: January 06, 2014, 01:26:01 PM »
Ok, you're right, I shouldn't say they suck.  I should instead say that they are overrated.  Even if you prefer Adele over Katy, there is absolutely no way that you can say Adele deserved 6 Grammy's that night and Katy deserved 0.
Music is, was and always will be subjective. If you don't like Adele or Miley that's totally fine, but you can't really say they're overrated as if it's a solid fact. Most modern singers (like Adele, Miley etc) have unusual qualities to their voices that may sound beautiful to one listener but irritating to another, it's the same with most artists, even Katy.
I think Adele uses her voice wonderfully and you don't, and that's totally cool. But a LOT of other people love Adele's voice and where awards etc are concerned, majority rules.

But anyway, back to the topic of the thread... I was just checking out Irish iTunes to see how Katy is doing there. Roar is at no 12, Unconditionally is no 36, and Dark Horse is at 171... Dark Horse hasn't been as popular here but I'm sure when the promo starts it'll shoot right up.  ;)

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5596 on: January 06, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »
Are you trying to get yourself banned? Because you're doing hell of a good job at it. If you think this is an un-moderated forum you are wrong.

What have I done that is worthy of being banned?  I do not believe I have broken any rules.

Also, the official rules say this:

When do people get banned?
There are various reasons why someone gets banned, although it's something that barely occurs. Of course, spammers will immediately be banned without further notice. We prefer not to ban users, but sometimes we have to. When after repeatedly ignoring the staff's warnings, the user still violates the rules, the consequence will be a ban. Usually, 3 warnings will be sent to an user before the staff decides if the person will get banned.

I have so far not received even 1 warning from a moderator, so you have no grounds to request that I be banned.  I am not aware of any rules that I have broken, and I feel that you want me banned simply because you do not like me.  If I did break a rule that I am not aware of, then I apologize in advance, and I would like it to be pointed out to me exactly which rule I broke.  Thank you.
You've done plenty. I shouldn't have to explain it because it should be obvious to you. All you do is stir up shit around here and everyone is sick of it. If you don't believe me then read back your posts and the replies that go with them.

Yes, this is a forum and you are entitled to expressing your opinions. We don't have to agree with them. You don't have to agree with ours. But causing these big arguments with everyone else and even taking it to a personal level is going too far. You're disrespecting Katy and Katycats. And other artists and their fanbases. You are disrespecting the forum in general. What you're doing amounts to trolling. And it's spreading hatred all over these boards. The sad thing is you don't realize you are doing these things because you're so delusional.

Perhaps no one has complained to the mods or reported your posts. Or maybe they have and the mods haven't gotten to it yet. I don't know.

I am not a mod but let it be known. You've been warned! The moderators are busy with their lives and such but eventually they will see what's going on here.

Also, this thread has gone way way off topic. And has been for weeks. On a sticky topic that can't be closed at that. Another thing that will get the moderators' attention.

And also:
http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=12787.0

Quote from: ingie
Dear Kittens,

It has come to our modly attention that there's a lot of drama going on between the KatyCats. We would like to let you know that we have nothing to do with drama off the forum. However, we do not feel like playing supervisors over a bunch of people acting like they are in kindergarten.

You do not have to like everyone. That is not how the real world works and that is also not how it works on forums. That does not mean we have to insult other people, talk about other people in a negative fashion on the forum or whatever you feel like doing that is not in terms with the rules.

We are not referring to a specific person/people. We just want you to be very aware of this. Actions will be taken against those who feel like breaking these rules.

With love and paws,

The Staff.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:58:09 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5597 on: January 06, 2014, 01:41:46 PM »
Ok, you're right, I shouldn't say they suck.  I should instead say that they are overrated.  Even if you prefer Adele over Katy, there is absolutely no way that you can say Adele deserved 6 Grammy's that night and Katy deserved 0.
Music is, was and always will be subjective. If you don't like Adele or Miley that's totally fine, but you can't really say they're overrated as if it's a solid fact. Most modern singers (like Adele, Miley etc) have unusual qualities to their voices that may sound beautiful to one listener but irritating to another, it's the same with most artists, even Katy.
I think Adele uses her voice wonderfully and you don't, and that's totally cool. But a LOT of other people love Adele's voice and where awards etc are concerned, majority rules.

But anyway, back to the topic of the thread... I was just checking out Irish iTunes to see how Katy is doing there. Roar is at no 12, Unconditionally is no 36, and Dark Horse is at 171... Dark Horse hasn't been as popular here but I'm sure when the promo starts it'll shoot right up.  ;)

Thank you for a mature and well thought out response.  You are right about how music is subjective, and that Adele, Miley, and Katy all have unique voices, that will resonate differently with different people's ears.

But I do have to correct 2 things that you said:

1. Grammy's are not based on "majority rules".  They are based on the decisions of a small group of industry insiders that do not necessarily represent the general public.

2. Adele needed vocal surgery in late 2011 / early 2012 due to damaging her vocal cords due to poor vocal technique.  I assume that her technique has improved since then.  Adele also quit smoking around the same time, but she says that was due to being pregnant, and she says her vocal cord damage was due to poor technique, and not due to smoking.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #5598 on: January 06, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »
You 'assume' too much.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Belfast 7 May '14 <3
« Reply #5599 on: January 06, 2014, 02:18:58 PM »

Thank you for a mature and well thought out response.  You are right about how music is subjective, and that Adele, Miley, and Katy all have unique voices, that will resonate differently with different people's ears.

But I do have to correct 2 things that you said:

1. Grammy's are not based on "majority rules".  They are based on the decisions of a small group of industry insiders that do not necessarily represent the general public.

2. Adele needed vocal surgery in late 2011 / early 2012 due to damaging her vocal cords due to poor vocal technique.  I assume that her technique has improved since then.  Adele also quit smoking around the same time, but she says that was due to being pregnant, and she says her vocal cord damage was due to poor technique, and not due to smoking.
Well I didn't mean the public voted on the Grammys or anything, but that the voting panel all must agree with the success of Adele. They are a part of the majority who do like her voice (hence her success).
I'm aware of the damage she does to her voice. When I said she used it wonderfully, I just meant that it sounded good. Like you said, hopefully she has a better vocal technique now so she doesn't damage it.

ANYWAY, WAYYYYYY OFF TOPIC HERE!  :rofl:
Anymore chart news?  :lol:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5600 on: January 06, 2014, 10:01:10 PM »
I deleted references in this thread to artists that I don't like.  I am not aware of any rule saying I can't talk about artists that I dislike, but since it seems to be upsetting people, I deleted the references.

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5601 on: January 06, 2014, 10:10:58 PM »
I deleted references in this thread to artists that I don't like.  I am not aware of any rule saying I can't talk about artists that I dislike, but since it seems to be upsetting people, I deleted the references.
You can talk about artists you don't like, just don't do it in a way that's disrespectful. That's how fan wars get started.

Besides, this is the Chart News thread for Katy's music so all this discussion and arguing that's been going on the past several weeks, most of it way off topic, isn't even relevant to this thread so why even bother to bring that up?

On the Straight Dope Message Boards, of which I'm also a member, they call this practice "thread shitting" and the moderators there don't tolerate that crap when it gets out of hand.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:03:49 AM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline JohnLovesKaty

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
« Reply #5602 on: January 06, 2014, 10:49:14 PM »
Back on topic....

Now that the holiday season is over. and holiday music is off the air for another year, ROAR is back at #1 on the Billboard adult contemporary chart. Yay!  :)

Oh, and Sara's BRAVE is #2, Lorde's ROYALS is #7, Anna's CUPS is #11, and Taylor's EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED is #14. Bur our Miss Katy is still tops!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 10:55:14 PM by JohnLovesKaty »

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5603 on: January 06, 2014, 11:16:55 PM »
Back on topic....

Now that the holiday season is over. and holiday music is off the air for another year, ROAR is back at #1 on the Billboard adult contemporary chart. Yay!  :)

Oh, and Sara's BRAVE is #2, Lorde's ROYALS is #7, Anna's CUPS is #11, and Taylor's EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED is #14. Bur our Miss Katy is still tops!
Thank you!  :pinkbow:
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #5604 on: January 07, 2014, 11:56:20 AM »
Dark Horse is finally #10 on the Canadian iTunes.
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline Eduardo_KatyCat

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • Katycat, I love katy, I'm from Mexico 27 years old
« Reply #5605 on: January 07, 2014, 09:50:46 PM »
I dunno what happened here in Mexico, Dark Horse is #93 on itunes :/ SMH.... and i just saw the itunes USA and Dark Horse is soooo close to be #1!!! yaaaay!!! :D
twitter: @Eduardo_KatyCat

I love katy perry!!!

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #5606 on: January 07, 2014, 09:53:40 PM »
Dark Horse has risen to #8 on the Canadian iTunes  :pinkbow:
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #5607 on: January 08, 2014, 09:29:42 AM »
Roar at #1 and Uncon at #14. Dark Horse is nowhere to be found. Itunes Philippines.

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5608 on: January 08, 2014, 09:44:04 AM »
Roar at #1 and Uncon at #14. Dark Horse is nowhere to be found. Itunes Philippines.
Dark Horse seems to be more of US and Canada thing mainly because that style of music is really big in America. UK and European Katycats are also saying that Dark Horse isn't that big there and not much radio airplay.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #5609 on: January 08, 2014, 10:18:37 AM »
Dark Horse seems to be more of US and Canada thing mainly because that style of music is really big in America. UK and European Katycats are also saying that Dark Horse isn't that big there and not much radio airplay.
I can see Dark Horse having a lot of radio airplay here. After Katy releases the lyric video(assuming there is one), it will surely get in the top 100 in Itunes Chart.
 :thumbzup: