Please login or register. April 17, 2014, 10:01:10 PM

Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 293728 times)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5580 on: January 06, 2014, 12:29:32 AM »
omfg.

And yes, Ur So Gay is so respectful and empowering.

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5581 on: January 06, 2014, 01:05:09 AM »
omfg.

That song is a piece of garbage, but I don't think that it was intended to insult any particular ex-boyfriend of Katy's, and was intended to insult metrosexual culture in general.  If it was about a specific ex-boyfriend, which one?  She was dating Travie McCoy at the time, and her known ex-boyfriends at the time were Justin York, Matt Thiessen, and Johnny Lewis.  Was the song specifically about any of them?  I don't think so.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #5582 on: January 06, 2014, 01:13:08 AM »
Ur So Gay was one of the main songs that made me love Katy when I was like 12, I thought it was rather hilarious and still do.

Anyway, quite the contrary. It was in fact intended to insult one particular ex-boyfriend and she has explicitly said it wasn't meant to insult the metrosexual culture or gay people in general. He's not famous and they didn't date for long, I haven't found exactly who he was (not that I've made a huge effort to look) but I've come across other artists who are friends with him (and didn't really think it was cool how she ran him under the bus like that).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:14:42 AM by OneOfKatysBoys »

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5583 on: January 06, 2014, 01:22:14 AM »
omfg.

I think it is, in its own way. At one point longer ago, I used to be perhaps a bit like the boy in the song, and hearing it now I can honestly have a healthy laugh about it. At both. The song and me.  :lol:
-----------------------------
@mitsuguy - You seem to live in a nightmarish world in which Katy Perry is surrounded by nothing but hostile and evil forces, in which she's unhappy, and you're unhappy.
I've got the genuine impression you simply need a break from Katy, the way you're obsessed with her is no longer rational and leads to a completely distorted view in the way you look at everything about her. She isn't forced by the industry to say Miley Cyrus has a nice voice, that's bizarre and hilarious. Neither will she go and kiss those artists' bums by talking against her own conviction, what should she get for that? - if she says it she means it, believe what you want.
You lost your grip on reality totally, and as long as you don't snap out of your nightmare it's pointless arguing with you.

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5584 on: January 06, 2014, 01:57:36 AM »
omfg.

I think it is, in its own way. At one point longer ago, I used to be perhaps a bit like the boy in the song, and hearing it now I can honestly have a healthy laugh about it. At both. The song and me.  :lol:
@mitsuguy - You seem to live in a nightmarish world in which Katy Perry is surrounded by nothing but hostile and evil forces, in which she's unhappy, and you're unhappy.
I've got the genuine impression you simply need a break from Katy, the way you're obsessed with her is no longer rational and leads to a completely distorted view in the way you look at everything about her. She isn't forced by the industry to say Miley Cyrus has a nice voice, that's bizarre and hilarious. Neither will she go and kiss those artists' bums by talking against her own conviction, what should she get for that? - if she says it she means it, believe what you want.
You lost your grip on reality totally, and as long as you don't snap out of your nightmare it's pointless arguing with you.

I'm not sure you're in the position to decide I'm obsessed with Katy.

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5585 on: January 06, 2014, 02:48:49 AM »
LOL by now I'm not the only one here who's in that position  :rofl:

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline KittenHangingByAThread

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Your words can pollute the future.
« Reply #5586 on: January 06, 2014, 04:30:37 AM »
Yes, it is too late to save Unconditionally. So why do we insist on still discussing it and making such a big deal crying over spilled milk? Dark Horse is doing well, let's just move on and focus on that.

Because Unconditionally is probably the only song that Katy will be willing to release from Prism that will prove to the naysayers that she can actually sing, and that not all of her songs are about partying and sex.  Probably her only chance to win a Grammy (in 2015).  Instead, we're just going to see jerks who can't sing win Grammies, such as Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Adele.
You clearly don't know her repertoire enough to say that all her songs are about partying and sex. All her singles aren't like that obviously. Any song she sings proves that she can sing so you can simmer down now. Also, we shouldn't need to focus on Grammies in 2015 when these ones aren't even over yet...

I am well aware of the fact that the vast majority of her songs are not about partying and sex.  Unfortunately, the general public is not aware of that fact.  They are unware of most of her songs, and they misinterpret the ones that they are familiar with.
Please do tell me how Hot N Cold, TOY, Firework, TOTGA, Roar and Unconditionally are about partying and sex. Not all her singles are. And I believe you're not in a position to state what the "general public" feels nor should it really concern anyone. Also, please do address what Tara (smackutwice) said, that's the post you should be replying to.
City lights and big dreams. | PROUD KATYCAT #68481

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kittenonathread
Tumblr: http://cupcakesushikimono.tumblr.com
Calgary Dreams 16/7/2011| KP3D 2/7/2012 | PWT Calgary 29/8/2014 :xx:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5587 on: January 06, 2014, 08:27:32 AM »
Yes, it is too late to save Unconditionally. So why do we insist on still discussing it and making such a big deal crying over spilled milk? Dark Horse is doing well, let's just move on and focus on that.

Because Unconditionally is probably the only song that Katy will be willing to release from Prism that will prove to the naysayers that she can actually sing, and that not all of her songs are about partying and sex.  Probably her only chance to win a Grammy (in 2015).  Instead, we're just going to see jerks who can't sing win Grammies, such as Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Adele.
You clearly don't know her repertoire enough to say that all her songs are about partying and sex. All her singles aren't like that obviously. Any song she sings proves that she can sing so you can simmer down now. Also, we shouldn't need to focus on Grammies in 2015 when these ones aren't even over yet...

I am well aware of the fact that the vast majority of her songs are not about partying and sex.  Unfortunately, the general public is not aware of that fact.  They are unware of most of her songs, and they misinterpret the ones that they are familiar with.
Please do tell me how Hot N Cold, TOY, Firework, TOTGA, Roar and Unconditionally are about partying and sex. Not all her singles are. And I believe you're not in a position to state what the "general public" feels nor should it really concern anyone.

Obviously those songs are not about partying and sex, and neither are most of Katy's other songs.  Unfortunately, the general public isn't aware of that.  Either they are unaware of the song, or they do not understand the song, or they do not realize that Katy sings it.  Why are you asking me this question?  Instead, ask it of one of the many naysayers who don't like Katy.

Also, please do address what Tara (smackutwice) said, that's the post you should be replying to.

What do you want me to say to her?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5588 on: January 06, 2014, 12:12:57 PM »
Ur So Gay was one of the main songs that made me love Katy when I was like 12, I thought it was rather hilarious and still do.

Anyway, quite the contrary. It was in fact intended to insult one particular ex-boyfriend and she has explicitly said it wasn't meant to insult the metrosexual culture or gay people in general. He's not famous and they didn't date for long, I haven't found exactly who he was (not that I've made a huge effort to look) but I've come across other artists who are friends with him (and didn't really think it was cool how she ran him under the bus like that).

Interesting, I did not know that.  In any case, Katy has matured dramatically since then.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:50:57 PM by mitsguy2001 »

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5589 on: January 06, 2014, 12:22:25 PM »
omfg.

I think the worst line of the song is when she tells him to hang himself.  That is not funny, in any context.  But, again, later songs, such as Firework, show how Katy has matured.  I have a lot more respect for someone like Katy who wrote a few dumb songs and then grew up, than others who regress.

I don't know what basis you have to judge that I am obsessed with Katy.  What are you basing that on?  There are many other member of this board (not mentioning names) that are far more obsessed with Katy that I will ever be.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:50:23 PM by mitsguy2001 »

Offline phantommonkey

• Wants a Taste Test
  • OneTeenagePrism
« Reply #5590 on: January 06, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »
omfg.

I think the worst line of the song is when she tells him to hang himself.  That is not funny, in any context.  But, again, later songs, such as Firework, show how Katy has matured.  I have a lot more respect for someone like Katy who wrote a few dumb songs and then grew up, than someone like Taylor Swift who regressed.

I don't know what basis you have to judge that I am obsessed with Katy.  What are you basing that on?  There are many other member of this board (not mentioning names) that are far more obsessed with Katy that I will ever be.

I don't quite understand how anyone can rationally say that Miley Cyrus or Ke$ha has a good voice, when compared to Katy.  It just seems to me like too much coincidence that Katy overpraises two (in my opinion) untalented "singers" who just happen to work with the same production team.  Now we can add Britney to that list.  To be honest, Miley Cyrus and Ke$ha have voices that are very unpleasant sounding to my ears.  Maybe it's just the way my ears are wired.  Taylor Swift has a pleasant enough voice, but I don't like how she regressed in her last album to nothing but ex-boyfriend bashing that a 13 year old could have wrote, and I feel that the industry overrates her.  As I have said before, Adele has a good voice, but does not always use it properly, and is also overrated by the industry.  Katy, on the other hand, has grown with every album, and sings songs that work well with her voice, but does not get the industry recognition that she deserves.

Can you just stop? Stop bashing other artists. You keep on saying that these things are "in your opinion", which you have shared more than once. But you keep saying the same thing as before with the Taylor, Adele, Miley,etc. basically suck, in your opinion. Katycats should be a nice fan base. And yeah I get that you want to share your opinion about who sucks and Katy's "bad" choices with release dates, but after making the same argument over and over again, you need to stop :/ oh of course that's just my opinion. Yeah I don't LIKE those other artists over katy but I have full respect for them because they each had a few songs that got me through the bad days. When someone trashes katy, katycats get offended and hurt. You just offended about five ish fandoms.
Jaden :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5591 on: January 06, 2014, 12:44:14 PM »
omfg.

I think the worst line of the song is when she tells him to hang himself.  That is not funny, in any context.  But, again, later songs, such as Firework, show how Katy has matured.  I have a lot more respect for someone like Katy who wrote a few dumb songs and then grew up, than someone like Taylor Swift who regressed.

I don't quite understand how anyone can rationally say that Miley Cyrus or Ke$ha has a good voice, when compared to Katy.  It just seems to me like too much coincidence that Katy overpraises two (in my opinion) untalented "singers" who just happen to work with the same production team.  Now we can add Britney to that list.  To be honest, Miley Cyrus and Ke$ha have voices that are very unpleasant sounding to my ears.  Maybe it's just the way my ears are wired.  Taylor Swift has a pleasant enough voice, but I don't like how she regressed in her last album to nothing but ex-boyfriend bashing that a 13 year old could have wrote, and I feel that the industry overrates her.  As I have said before, Adele has a good voice, but does not always use it properly, and is also overrated by the industry.  Katy, on the other hand, has grown with every album, and sings songs that work well with her voice, but does not get the industry recognition that she deserves.

Can you just stop? Stop bashing other artists. You keep on saying that these things are "in your opinion", which you have shared more than once. But you keep saying the same thing as before with the Taylor, Adele, Miley,etc. basically suck, in your opinion. Katycats should be a nice fan base. And yeah I get that you want to share your opinion about who sucks and Katy's "bad" choices with release dates, but after making the same argument over and over again, you need to stop :/ oh of course that's just my opinion. Yeah I don't LIKE those other artists over katy but I have full respect for them because they each had a few songs that got me through the bad days. When someone trashes katy, katycats get offended and hurt. You just offended about five ish fandoms.

Ok, you're right, I shouldn't say they suck.  I should instead say that they are overrated.  Even if you prefer Adele over Katy, there is absolutely no way that you can say Adele deserved 6 Grammy's that night and Katy deserved 0.

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5592 on: January 06, 2014, 12:52:22 PM »
Are you trying to get yourself banned? Because you're doing hell of a good job at it. If you think this is an un-moderated forum you are wrong.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline phantommonkey

• Wants a Taste Test
  • OneTeenagePrism
« Reply #5593 on: January 06, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »
omfg.

Ok, you're right, I shouldn't say they suck.  I should instead say that they are overrated.  Even if you prefer Adele over Katy, there is absolutely no way that you can say Adele deserved 6 Grammy's that night and Katy deserved 0.

No! You shouldn't! You shouldn't say anything about other artists unless its nice! Okay. Maybe you don't think Adele deserved the Grammy's, but that already happened. Why don't you just cheer for Katy in the upcoming and future Grammy's!
Jaden :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5594 on: January 06, 2014, 12:53:31 PM »
Are you trying to get yourself banned? Because you're doing hell of a good job at it. If you think this is an un-moderated forum you are wrong.

What have I done that is worthy of being banned?  I do not believe I have broken any rules.

Also, the official rules say this:

When do people get banned?
There are various reasons why someone gets banned, although it's something that barely occurs. Of course, spammers will immediately be banned without further notice. We prefer not to ban users, but sometimes we have to. When after repeatedly ignoring the staff's warnings, the user still violates the rules, the consequence will be a ban. Usually, 3 warnings will be sent to an user before the staff decides if the person will get banned.

I have so far not received even 1 warning from a moderator, so you have no grounds to request that I be banned.  I am not aware of any rules that I have broken, and I feel that you want me banned simply because you do not like me.  If I did break a rule that I am not aware of, then I apologize in advance, and I would like it to be pointed out to me exactly which rule I broke.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 01:10:20 PM by mitsguy2001 »