Please login or register. April 16, 2014, 08:06:51 PM

Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 293590 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5565 on: January 05, 2014, 08:56:31 PM »
Yes, it is too late to save Unconditionally. So why do we insist on still discussing it and making such a big deal crying over spilled milk? Dark Horse is doing well, let's just move on and focus on that.

Because Unconditionally is probably the only song that Katy will be willing to release from Prism that will prove to the naysayers that she can actually sing, and that not all of her songs are about partying and sex.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:54:25 PM by mitsguy2001 »

Offline KittenHangingByAThread

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Your words can pollute the future.
« Reply #5566 on: January 05, 2014, 09:04:58 PM »
Yes, it is too late to save Unconditionally. So why do we insist on still discussing it and making such a big deal crying over spilled milk? Dark Horse is doing well, let's just move on and focus on that.

Because Unconditionally is probably the only song that Katy will be willing to release from Prism that will prove to the naysayers that she can actually sing, and that not all of her songs are about partying and sex.  Probably her only chance to win a Grammy (in 2015).  Instead, we're just going to see jerks who can't sing win Grammies, such as Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Adele.
You clearly don't know her repertoire enough to say that all her songs are about partying and sex. All her singles aren't like that obviously. Any song she sings proves that she can sing so you can simmer down now. Also, we shouldn't need to focus on Grammies in 2015 when these ones aren't even over yet...
City lights and big dreams. | PROUD KATYCAT #68481

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kittenonathread
Tumblr: http://cupcakesushikimono.tumblr.com
Calgary Dreams 16/7/2011| KP3D 2/7/2012 | PWT Calgary 29/8/2014 :xx:

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5567 on: January 05, 2014, 09:13:21 PM »
mits, sit down.

What world are you living in where a STUDIO VERSION of a song shows ppl one can sing??? Katy is a great singer, very unique and strong, but ya know what. She doesn't always shine as brightly as she can when performing live, especially on live TV... where most of these "nay-sayers" will see her. It's INVALID to say "Unconditionally is THE song that proves to those ppl she can sing." GO HOME!

I don't get the issue... if you're paying attention, Katy is WELL aware of what ppl say she can and cant do. She KNOWS what cards she played, what cards she still has, what cards she needs to work harder on. You're a lost cause! Katy IS, IS, IS (and WAS and WILL continue to) proving she CAN SING!! DANG IT!! See above paragraph as to why not EVERYONE sees it, YET. It's not a bad thing!! OMG!! Let her be who she is and win ppl over as those ppl are ready to see the truth. JUST as she did when she was a Christian artist... ppl judged her look, her songs, ect... but once she SINGS LIVE IN CONCERT (aka.. on tour... where she is COMFY and ABLE to shine AS BRIGHTLY AS SHE CAN!!)... she NAILS it and she makes ppl see she CAN SING!!! Tour coming up... (oh, but nooooo, Katy ruined her chance!!!...*sarcasm*)

You need to get out, bro... seriously. I KNOW you're trying to state your opinion (but really, going about it in an asshole way)... but now you're knocking down other artists -- calling them jerks, not talented and can't sing. GROW THE EFF UP DUDE!!!

I await your response where you nit pick everything I said and start MORE arguments and pull MORE facts out of your ass!

Offline HOURGLAS4

• 3th Degree Stalker
  • I'm your new God.
« Reply #5568 on: January 05, 2014, 09:27:08 PM »
mits, sit down.

What world are you living in where a STUDIO VERSION of a song shows ppl one can sing??? Katy is a great singer, very unique and strong, but ya know what. She doesn't always shine as brightly as she can when performing live, especially on live TV... where most of these "nay-sayers" will see her. It's INVALID to say "Unconditionally is THE song that proves to those ppl she can sing." GO HOME!

I don't get the issue... if you're paying attention, Katy is WELL aware of what ppl say she can and cant do. She KNOWS what cards she played, what cards she still has, what cards she needs to work harder on. You're a lost cause! Katy IS, IS, IS (and WAS and WILL continue to) proving she CAN SING!! DANG IT!! See above paragraph as to why not EVERYONE sees it, YET. It's not a bad thing!! OMG!! Let her be who she is and win ppl over as those ppl are ready to see the truth. JUST as she did when she was a Christian artist... ppl judged her look, her songs, ect... but once she SINGS LIVE IN CONCERT (aka.. on tour... where she is COMFY and ABLE to shine AS BRIGHTLY AS SHE CAN!!)... she NAILS it and she makes ppl see she CAN SING!!! Tour coming up... (oh, but nooooo, Katy ruined her chance!!!...*sarcasm*)

You need to get out, bro... seriously. I KNOW you're trying to state your opinion (but really, going about it in an asshole way)... but now you're knocking down other artists -- calling them jerks, not talented and can't sing. GROW THE EFF UP DUDE!!!

I await your response where you nit pick everything I said and start MORE arguments and pull MORE facts out of your ass!

:pinkbow:

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5569 on: January 05, 2014, 09:29:49 PM »
No longer responding to this thread unless it's for an actual Chart News post.

I will not apologize for being a sarcastic biatch though.  ;)
I stand by my statement. It's not worth arguing with the village idiot.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline carlythekatycat

• Wannabe
« Reply #5570 on: January 05, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »
Tara, you are my hero.
I love Katy Perry as much as Mormons love Joseph Smith.

Katy encounters: 8/6/11, 2/22/12, 6/14/12, 6/25/12, 6/26/12

Offline Eduardo_KatyCat

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • Katycat, I love katy, I'm from Mexico 27 years old
« Reply #5571 on: January 05, 2014, 09:38:08 PM »

Agreed!! but still so funny to read, like street fights, so low but who doesn't have fun seeing one? lol, in the meantime, do you want some popcorn to enjoy the show stevie?
twitter: @Eduardo_KatyCat

I love katy perry!!!

Offline phantommonkey

• Wants a Taste Test
  • OneTeenagePrism
« Reply #5572 on: January 05, 2014, 09:43:44 PM »
mits, sit down.

Can I just say that you are my favourite katycat and I want you to be our leader :P
Jaden :)

Offline robotindisguise87

• Know it all
« Reply #5573 on: January 05, 2014, 09:46:17 PM »
mits, sit down.

Can I just say that you are my favourite katycat and I want you to be our leader :P

I second this!  :pinkbow:
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
« Reply #5574 on: January 05, 2014, 09:48:13 PM »
Wow I had to log on just to see this because of the mentions on twitter.  :rofl:

Definitely!

---
DH isn't doing much overseas right now, but I expect it to once she starts promoting the song. Can't wait for the next mini-era... all the possible looks, videos, and performances are making me excited. Tbh, that's the most exciting part of singles for me, not the chart performance, but the bag of tricks Katy pulls out!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:52:35 PM by peterbrabel »

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5575 on: January 05, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
Wow I had to log on just to see this because of the mentions on twitter.  :rofl:

Definitely!

---
DH isn't doing much overseas right now, but I expect it to once she starts promoting the song. Can't wait for the next mini-era... all the possible looks, videos, and performances are making me excited. Tbh, that's the most exciting part of singles for me, not the chart performance, but the bag of tricks Katy pulls out!
Steviep Katycat ‏@steviep2424 28 Dec
@smackutwice Just wanted you to know that you are my favorite Katycat on the forum. :)
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5576 on: January 05, 2014, 10:17:41 PM »

Because Unconditionally is probably the only song that Katy will be willing to release from Prism that will prove to the naysayers that she can actually sing, and that not all of her songs are about partying and sex.  Probably her only chance to win a Grammy (in 2015).  Instead, we're just going to see jerks who can't sing win Grammies, such as Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, and Adele.
You clearly don't know her repertoire enough to say that all her songs are about partying and sex. All her singles aren't like that obviously. Any song she sings proves that she can sing so you can simmer down now. Also, we shouldn't need to focus on Grammies in 2015 when these ones aren't even over yet...

I am well aware of the fact that the vast majority of her songs are not about partying and sex.  Unfortunately, the general public is not aware of that fact.  They are unware of most of her songs, and they misinterpret the ones that they are familiar with.

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5577 on: January 05, 2014, 10:19:47 PM »

Agreed!! but still so funny to read, like street fights, so low but who doesn't have fun seeing one? lol, in the meantime, do you want some popcorn to enjoy the show stevie?

LOL! I had my share of arguing with him in this thread but I gave up.
Never grow up!

6/30/2011 Toronto ACC

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5578 on: January 05, 2014, 11:35:19 PM »

You really extend the word 'fan' into 'fanatic', losing your sense of reality, and contradicting your own principles. You keep complaining that some people somewhere somehow say that Katy can't sing - and can't you see that you're doing exactly that kind of thing, in a most blunt and insulting way?
By calling all those people you mention jerks who can't sing you display nothing but your ignorance. Katy herself has expressed her appreciation of Miley Cyrus' skill and ability she displays in her singing, and likewise has she let us know that she thinks very highly of Adele's performances. While her statement that Adele deserves a Grammy more than she does is certainly one of those exaggerations Katy sometimes gets carried away to committing in her enthusiasm over the skills of other artists she generally still has obviously a better sense of judgement than you.
Taylor Swift sat down in front of her audience with only two acoustic guitarists playing for her while she sang parts of her album Red in her most beautiful voice ever as I could experience at least on YouTube. About Justin Bieber I know very little as male pop stars hardly interest me personally, but from what I've heard on TV or radio just on the side I'd assume he's just fine like any other pop singer where his performance is concerned.
What I meant with my other post is - if I met Katy Perry and verbally shared with her all your paragraphs of opinions on wrong release dates here, wrong release dates there, and the whole detailed list of all the 'mistakes' she constantly makes in her all over performance of her career, from choice of stage/TV appearances to choice of songs etc etc, I might become the first ever KatyCat to go seeing her and getting back home with a black eye. - Ok, while the outcome may not be as drastic as that I'm sure I would at least evoke sentiments in her which would equal it.
You apparently know nothing of Katy's thinking, her priorities, preferences and her view of other people and view of the world around her. By constantly pointing out her - your assumed - incapability of managing her own career you're in fact not saying anything in her favor at all even if you think your eager effort to 'correct' her 'wrong decisions' means you are supporting her, and by dipping down to the level of insulting other people whose professional performances she actually enjoys you reach a point she would be appalled at.
Do you know so little about Katy that you've missed the fact that what she disrespects most is disrespect, towards her but even more towards others?

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5579 on: January 06, 2014, 12:19:07 AM »
Deleted post
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:53:28 PM by mitsguy2001 »