Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 312997 times)

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • don't be basic
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5550 on: January 04, 2014, 12:26:49 PM »
Dark Horse is just a complete runaway hit :lol:

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)

Offline HOURGLAS4

• 3th Degree Stalker
  • I'm your new God.
« Reply #5551 on: January 04, 2014, 12:53:46 PM »
Dark Horse is #2 on US iTunes.................

:katycat4:

Offline Icypole

« Reply #5552 on: January 04, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »
Dark Horse is just a complete runaway hit :lol:

It's doing so well! :firework:

Offline ILoveKatyBird

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • ♥▽PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR♥▽
« Reply #5553 on: January 04, 2014, 07:07:12 PM »
I've saw so many people tweet how much they love Dark Horse! Even other celebs! Yaa!! :kittypurry:

♥  27/3/11 ,12/10/11 , 18/10/11 , 31/10/11 , 5/11/11, 9/6/12 , 3/7/12, 30/09/13, 7/5/14, 21/5/14, 23/5/14, 28/5/14, 30/5/14, 31/5/14 ♥

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for my amazing sig!! :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5554 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:19 PM »
Dark Horse was a good choice for a single.  It is very different from other songs that Katy has done, will probably appeal to a broad audience, and shows that she is not a one trick pony (no pun intended).  I just do not agree with the timing of when Dark Horse and Unconditionally were released.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5555 on: January 04, 2014, 10:19:01 PM »
Dark Horse was a good choice for a single.  It is very different from other songs that Katy has done, will probably appeal to a broad audience, and shows that she is not a one trick pony (no pun intended).  I just do not agree with the timing of when Dark Horse and Unconditionally were released.
Really, I had no idea!

Why didnt you respond to this??? http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=130.msg718782#msg718782

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5556 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:53 PM »
Really, I had no idea!

Why didnt you respond to this??? http://katyperryforum.com/index.php?topic=130.msg718782#msg718782

What am I supposed to respond?  I was just stating my opinion.

Offline Eduardo_KatyCat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • Katycat, I love katy, I'm from Mexico 27 years old
« Reply #5557 on: January 04, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

CDT: Mexico 5-Sep-2011, LA 22 & 23-Nov-2011
iHeartRadio Prism Album Release Party: LA 22-Oct-2013
We Can Survive Concert: LA 23-Oct-2013
PWT: LA 19 & 20-Sep-2014, Mexico 14,15 & 17-Oct-2014,

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #5558 on: January 04, 2014, 11:35:44 PM »
and shows that she is not a one trick pony (no pun intended).
I had to lol

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan

Offline mininancy97

• Left The Gas On
  • The Spanish KatyCat :3
« Reply #5559 on: January 05, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
Katy knows what she does :)
Twitter-> @daniel_llanes

♥Prismatic World Tour live in Barcelona-> 2015, February 16th♥

Offline steviep24

• Fierce
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5560 on: January 05, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
Really, I had no idea!

She meant responding to The Mouse's reply to your post.  :lol: Which is really brilliant actually.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5561 on: January 05, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »
Really, I had no idea!

She meant responding to The Mouse's reply to your post.  :lol: Which is really brilliant actually.

The Mouse's reply was just nonsense and I have nothing to respond to it.

Offline Lukee_KaatyCaat

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • THE PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR: 20/05/14
« Reply #5562 on: January 05, 2014, 03:11:53 PM »
Dark horse being #2 on us charts without promotion is pretty freakin cool though :lol:

❤20/5/14❤

Offline mitsguy2001

• Dirty Doggy
  • Katycat
« Reply #5563 on: January 05, 2014, 08:05:48 PM »
^ I don't listen to those crappy "soft rock" stations.

But whether you like them or not, those are the type of stations that would play songs like Unconditionally.  And Katy is very much a "soft rock" singer whether you like the label or not.

I was being sarcastic when I made that statement.

You do realize there are different types of AC radio formats right? And not all AC stations play Christmas music 24/7 in December.

The ones that play Christmas music 24/7 in December (which advertise themselves as "soft rock" or similar) are the ones that play mainly lite (softer) music mainly from the 70's and 80's and also current music that have those characteristics. Often heard in doctor's offices and similar environments. Sure they'll play some of Katy's music but dance music such as what Katy and most current pop singers often do isn't usually played on those types of stations. This is what I meant by "crappy soft rock" stations. At least that's how it is in my town. I believe this format is known as "Lite AC" or just plain AC. This seems to be the kind of station you keep referring to.

And then there's a newer format known as "Hot AC" which is geared for younger adults. Take a look at this playlist of a typical Hot AC station. http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationplaylistrequest.asp?c_let=wdvi-fm This is the station I listen to most of the time. Most of the music is more upbeat and rock oriented stuff. Also, this station has been playing Unconditionally in heavy rotation since the day it was released to radio.

And this sir is why you just lost the argument about "Uncon not doing well on AC charts because of Christmas music in December". Because it's not true. My town actually has about 3 AC stations and only one played Christmas music.

As as mentioned in other threads by me and others radio is not everything. Not conventional radio anyway. Streaming is a big factor too. Pandora and Spotify are very popular internet radio services among others. And satellite radio.

And if I insulted your favorite AC station I am sorry.

@mitsguy2001: Nobody on here cares about the Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart which you seem to be obsessed with. Nuff said.

Even if the chart means nothing, adults first hear music on adult contemporary radio when driving to or from work, and that is how they decided what songs to download.
Also being sarcastic.

Where I live, basically every adult contemporary station (whether soft / lite AC, or hot AC, or whatever) plays 24/7 Christmas music from mid-November until Christmas.  And, the rest of the year, a lot of Katy's music.  At least where I live, both formats are currently focusing on the 80s and the 2010s, ignoring the 90s and 2000s and anything pre-1980, with a few exceptions.  Maybe this is unique to where I live, but I doubt it.  Again, on the radio station that I listen to, nearly every DJ has announced on-air at some point that Katy is his/her favorite artist.  Firework was their #1 song of 2011.  Unconditionally is currently one of their top songs, but it's too late.  Dark Horse is not yet on their playlist, but it probably will be eventually.

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• don't be basic
« Reply #5564 on: January 05, 2014, 08:34:19 PM »
Yes, it is too late to save Unconditionally. So why do we insist on still discussing it and making such a big deal crying over spilled milk? Dark Horse is doing well, let's just move on and focus on that.

@contraduncan