Please login or register. April 18, 2014, 10:58:45 AM

Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 293780 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5520 on: December 29, 2013, 01:18:18 AM »
SmackUTwice: The only reason I brought up the US is because in the US, nearly every adult contemporary radio station (where Unconditionally would be getting most of its airplay) plays Christmas music 24/7 from sometime in November (depending on the station and the year, varies sometime between Nov. 1 and the Friday after Thanksgiving) until Christmas.  That seems not to be the case in Canada where you live.   You don't seem to beleive me, but you also don't live in the US.  I don't really care how much you claim to know about Katy or whether or not Capitol Records offered you a tour of their building.  Honestly, we're just going to have to agree to disagree and move on.  We're not gaining anything by arguing.  As the last song on the Deluxe Edition of Prism says, we both need to "choose your battles", and this one is not worthwhile.

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5521 on: December 29, 2013, 04:13:23 AM »
^ I don't listen to those crappy "soft rock" stations.

@mitsguy2001: Nobody on here cares about the Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart which you seem to be obsessed with. Nuff said.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 04:55:16 AM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #5522 on: December 29, 2013, 05:56:50 AM »

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5523 on: December 29, 2013, 11:07:11 AM »
@mits, it's not fair to Katy or Capitol to judge them so harshly and wrong when you call yourself such a supporter and see so much in Katy, let alone on KPF... a place that means a lot to Katy fans! I don't let others piss on my ppl, so I'm just standing tall for my ppl!!!

Don't make such a big deal about where I live!!! It doesn't matter, at all. I get my info from the OFFICIAL stats used for USA radio updates. You should too, instead of your one "fact" about AC radio... which plays a minimal role in Katy's radio success... hahahaha.

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5524 on: December 29, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline JustWokeUpInVegas

• Lost Control
  • So, this is what I get?
« Reply #5525 on: December 29, 2013, 06:57:00 PM »

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • Belfast 7 May '14 <3
« Reply #5526 on: December 29, 2013, 07:39:44 PM »
I highly doubt Capitol, like any other record label, would do something like intentionally setting an artist up to fail in the charts if they knew it meant losing money. No record company would do that, especially in this day & age where record companies are trying their best to release music they know will sell since so many people don't actually buy music anymore.

But yes... Pizza. Peace, love and pizza.  :xx:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_ (I follow back all KatyCats!)
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5527 on: December 29, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »

But whether you like them or not, those are the type of stations that would play songs like Unconditionally.  And Katy is very much a "soft rock" singer whether you like the label or not.

@mitsguy2001: Nobody on here cares about the Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart which you seem to be obsessed with. Nuff said.

Even if the chart means nothing, adults first hear music on adult contemporary radio when driving to or from work, and that is how they decided what songs to download.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5528 on: December 29, 2013, 09:14:13 PM »
@mits, it's not fair to Katy or Capitol to judge them so harshly and wrong when you call yourself such a supporter and see so much in Katy, let alone on KPF... a place that means a lot to Katy fans! I don't let others piss on my ppl, so I'm just standing tall for my ppl!!!

Don't make such a big deal about where I live!!! It doesn't matter, at all. I get my info from the OFFICIAL stats used for USA radio updates. You should too, instead of your one "fact" about AC radio... which plays a minimal role in Katy's radio success... hahahaha.

You maybe unaware of the fact that Teeange Dream (the album) did even better on adult contemporary radio than it did on teenage girl radio.  Katy actually has the all-time record (tied with a few other artists) for the most number of weeks #1 on the adult contemporary charts.  I know you say the chart means nothing.  But that means that adults do like her music.  Contrary to what you may think, and adult's money is wroth just as much as a teenage girl's money.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5529 on: December 29, 2013, 09:15:16 PM »
I highly doubt Capitol, like any other record label, would do something like intentionally setting an artist up to fail in the charts if they knew it meant losing money. No record company would do that, especially in this day & age where record companies are trying their best to release music they know will sell since so many people don't actually buy music anymore.

But yes... Pizza. Peace, love and pizza.  :xx:

Kelly Clarkson's record label intentionally tried to ruin her My December album, since they didn't like the way she refused to be a doormat, and stood up for herself.  Katy is the same way, which is one of the reasons why I admire her so much.

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #5530 on: December 29, 2013, 09:15:25 PM »
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5531 on: December 30, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »

But whether you like them or not, those are the type of stations that would play songs like Unconditionally.  And Katy is very much a "soft rock" singer whether you like the label or not.

I was being sarcastic when I made that statement.

You do realize there are different types of AC radio formats right? And not all AC stations play Christmas music 24/7 in December.

The ones that play Christmas music 24/7 in December (which advertise themselves as "soft rock" or similar) are the ones that play mainly lite (softer) music mainly from the 70's and 80's and also current music that have those characteristics. Often heard in doctor's offices and similar environments. Sure they'll play some of Katy's music but dance music such as what Katy and most current pop singers often do isn't usually played on those types of stations. This is what I meant by "crappy soft rock" stations. At least that's how it is in my town. I believe this format is known as "Lite AC" or just plain AC. This seems to be the kind of station you keep referring to.

And then there's a newer format known as "Hot AC" which is geared for younger adults. Take a look at this playlist of a typical Hot AC station. http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/7/stationplaylistrequest.asp?c_let=wdvi-fm This is the station I listen to most of the time. Most of the music is more upbeat and rock oriented stuff. Also, this station has been playing Unconditionally in heavy rotation since the day it was released to radio.

And this sir is why you just lost the argument about "Uncon not doing well on AC charts because of Christmas music in December". Because it's not true. My town actually has about 3 AC stations and only one played Christmas music.

As as mentioned in other threads by me and others radio is not everything. Not conventional radio anyway. Streaming is a big factor too. Pandora and Spotify are very popular internet radio services among others. And satellite radio.

And if I insulted your favorite AC station I am sorry.

Even if the chart means nothing, adults first hear music on adult contemporary radio when driving to or from work, and that is how they decided what songs to download.
Also being sarcastic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:56:22 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline Eduardo_KatyCat

• Falling From Cloud 9
  • Katycat, I love katy, I'm from Mexico 27 years old
« Reply #5532 on: December 30, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »
Honestly, we're just going to have to agree to disagree and move on.  We're not gaining anything by arguing.  As the last song on the Deluxe Edition of Prism says, we both need to "choose your battles", and this one is not worthwhile.

Man, you should stick to this^^, because tbh you will never make them change their minds and they will never make you change yours, so it's not worth keep fighting over this (as you said)... You have your reasoning and you think it's right, so they are, stop trying to convince them, even if you end up being right, they would look for facts and stuff to refute it and tell you that you were "partially right" lol, some people can't accept they have lost, don't be one of those people. Sometimes we just have to let it go, and i know it is really hard to say "ya, i was wrong" when you have defended your point with all you have and you truly believed you were right, but it really requires wisdom to accept (even when you have been fighting for it) and realize you are wrong, be a wise man!! Cheers!! :)
twitter: @Eduardo_KatyCat

I love katy perry!!!

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5533 on: December 30, 2013, 04:33:27 PM »
Steviep24: The radio station that I listen to plays Christmas music 24/7 from mid-November until Christmas.  The rest of the year, it plays a lot of Katy's songs.  In fact, Katy very well may be their #1 artist.  I do know that Firework was their most played song of 2011.  Nearly every DJ has said on-air at some point that Katy is his/her favorite artist currently played by the radio station.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5534 on: December 30, 2013, 04:35:04 PM »
Honestly, we're just going to have to agree to disagree and move on.  We're not gaining anything by arguing.  As the last song on the Deluxe Edition of Prism says, we both need to "choose your battles", and this one is not worthwhile.

Man, you should stick to this^^, because tbh you will never make them change their minds and they will never make you change yours, so it's not worth keep fighting over this (as you said)... You have your reasoning and you think it's right, so they are, stop trying to convince them, even if you end up being right, they would look for facts and stuff to refute it and tell you that you were "partially right" lol, some people can't accept they have lost, don't be one of those people. Sometimes we just have to let it go, and i know it is really hard to say "ya, i was wrong" when you have defended your point with all you have and you truly believed you were right, but it really requires wisdom to accept (even when you have been fighting for it) and realize you are wrong, be a wise man!! Cheers!! :)

But you seem to assume that I am wrong, when there is no evidence that I am wrong, nor is there evidence that I am right.  I firmly beleive that Unconditonally would have hit #1 had it been released in January or February.  But it was not released in January or February, so we shall never know how it would have charted.  I may be right or I may be wrong.