Please login or register. April 23, 2014, 05:06:12 AM

Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 294382 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5505 on: December 26, 2013, 05:52:22 PM »
dark horse jumps from 22 to 14 on this weeks billboard hot 100...

Where is Unconditionally on the chart?

Offline Icypole

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #5506 on: December 26, 2013, 08:35:59 PM »

17, I think.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5507 on: December 27, 2013, 01:23:15 AM »

17, I think.

That's too bad.  I wonder if it's past it's peak, or if it will increase again now that adult contemporary radio stations have finished playing Christmas music and are now back to regular music, and will possibly give a lot of airplay to Unconditionally.  Not trying to restart the flame war, but I really think that Katy mis-timed the release of Unconditionally.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5508 on: December 27, 2013, 09:23:05 AM »

17, I think.

That's too bad.  I wonder if it's past it's peak, or if it will increase again now that adult contemporary radio stations have finished playing Christmas music and are now back to regular music, and will possibly give a lot of airplay to Unconditionally.  Not trying to restart the flame war, but I really think that Katy mis-timed the release of Unconditionally.

Uncon fell from #17 to #22...

Roar moved up one to #11...

Uncon is passed its peak. :) It's been given everything... radio updates were not overly good to begin with, and did horrible during "Christmas season." Again, radio is not all that counts here. And I said, radio plays were NOT matching up to the lack of sales. (In comparison, Dark Horse got authorized radio play and bam, it zips up iTunes and increases sales by 90%!)

It's okay. Really. Katy has already, is now, and will continue to do what you're wanting her to for people. Uncon has already done what you want with some... perhaps not as MANY as you'd like, but... it's not about you. lol ;)

Moving on.................................

Offline MissMurder

• Leaves Them All in Awe
« Reply #5509 on: December 27, 2013, 10:52:30 AM »
Dark Horse is new on #32 (german single charts) Unconditionally is going from #23 to #22
and she is also still roaring over here  :pinkbow: Roar is on #34 this week!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 10:54:06 AM by MissMurder »
Frankfurt, GER 03/05/09...Cologne, GER 06/20/09 ...Birmingham, UK 08/25/09...Cologne, GER 06/10/10...Berlin, GER 09/05/10...Munich, GER 02/26/11...Berlin, GER 03/04/11...Frankfurt, GER 03/06/11...Brussels, BE 03/10/11...Cologne, GER 03/11/11...Hamburg, GER 03/14/11...Amsterdam, NL 03/15/11...London, UK 07/03/12...Berlin, GER 09/25/13...Cologne, GER 11/15/13

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5510 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:26 AM »

17, I think.

I think it's been doing well. It's at #23 and Dark Horse and Roar are at #14 and 11, that means Katy has 3 hits in the top range on Billboard. It's easy to forget only KatyCats live in a Katy world, but seen objectively she even really is a queen of pop now. I've never seen the slow and difficult Unconditionally as a #1 hit, I'm surprised it's doing this well, and the three combined make me go yay, keep going, Katy! Haha

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5511 on: December 27, 2013, 11:54:56 AM »

17, I think.

Uncon fell from #17 to #22...

Roar moved up one to #11...

Uncon is passed its peak. :) It's been given everything... radio updates were not overly good to begin with, and did horrible during "Christmas season." Again, radio is not all that counts here. And I said, radio plays were NOT matching up to the lack of sales. (In comparison, Dark Horse got authorized radio play and bam, it zips up iTunes and increases sales by 90%!)

It's okay. Really. Katy has already, is now, and will continue to do what you're wanting her to for people. Uncon has already done what you want with some... perhaps not as MANY as you'd like, but... it's not about you. lol ;)

Moving on.................................

Of course Unconditionally did horrible during "Christmas season", since adult contemporary radio stations were playing only Christmas music during that period!  I know you say that radio is not all that counts, but radio is how most people, espcially adults, become aware of most songs.  Unconditionally would have been #1 or close to it if it was released literally any other time of year.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5512 on: December 27, 2013, 09:28:24 PM »
No, they weren't playing only Christmas music when Uncon had crap radio updates. And again, yet again and again and again, if you understood the way the system works, you'd know that. Yes, radio starts playing Christmas music, but many many other songs still get played. Uncon was one that fell way behind on radio, negative updates and all. Most songs don't take a hit until MERE DAYS before Christmas and then right after as "year end" countdowns happen (another reason Roar is doing well).

SMH! lol

Offline steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5513 on: December 27, 2013, 09:54:31 PM »
@mittsguy2001: Will you just let it go already? Geeze! Personally, I'm getting sick and tired of your whining about Uncon not doing well enough for your liking. It is what it is. Just let it go and stop being a jerk about it.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5514 on: December 28, 2013, 12:55:34 AM »
No, they weren't playing only Christmas music when Uncon had crap radio updates. And again, yet again and again and again, if you understood the way the system works, you'd know that. Yes, radio starts playing Christmas music, but many many other songs still get played. Uncon was one that fell way behind on radio, negative updates and all. Most songs don't take a hit until MERE DAYS before Christmas and then right after as "year end" countdowns happen (another reason Roar is doing well).

SMH! lol

You don't live in the US.  In the US, almost every adult contemporary radio station plays nothing but Christmas music, starting at various times in November.  This started around 2001 or so.  Back then, it usually started the Friday after Thanksgiving (for those who aren't from the US, Thanksgiving is US holiday falling on the 4th Thursday of November, and traditionally starts the holiday season, although that season is creeping earlier and earlier every year).  In recent years, they have been pushing the envelope, and starting the 24/7 Christmas music earlier and earlier, some stations as early as Nov. 1.  Unconditionally was released to adult contemporary radio on Nov. 5.  By then, many adult contemporary radio stations had already switched to 24/7 Christmas music, never playing Unconditionally even once.

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #5515 on: December 28, 2013, 01:01:24 AM »
@mittsguy2001: Will you just let it go already? Geeze! Personally, I'm getting sick and tired of your whining about Uncon not doing well enough for your liking. It is what it is. Just let it go and stop being a jerk about it.

You're the one being a jerk about it.  Did Capitol Records intentionally force Katy to release Unconditonally in October, when it would be the least succesful, in order to force it to fail, in order to pressure Katy into regressing toward the next generation of teenage girls with her next album?  Kelly Clarkson's previous record company forced My December to fail.  I personally think Katy should use her money to start her own record company, since Capitol does not care about her or her fans.  Trying to target the next generation of teenage girls is going to fail.  They are not going to listen to someone who, by then, will be old enough to be her mother.  If Capitol forces Katy in that direction, the next time she will be heard from will be in a made for TV movie on the Sci Fi channel 25 years later, where she gets into a fist fight with Taylor Swift.  lol

Offline TheMouse

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5516 on: December 28, 2013, 02:15:32 AM »

You're the one being a jerk about it.  Did Capitol Records intentionally force Katy to release Unconditonally in October, when it would be the least succesful, in order to force it to fail, in order to pressure Katy into regressing toward the next generation of teenage girls with her next album?  Kelly Clarkson's previous record company forced My December to fail.  I personally think Katy should use her money to start her own record company, since Capitol does not care about her or her fans.  Trying to target the next generation of teenage girls is going to fail.  They are not going to listen to someone who, by then, will be old enough to be her mother.  If Capitol forces Katy in that direction, the next time she will be heard from will be in a made for TV movie on the Sci Fi channel 25 years later, where she gets into a fist fight with Taylor Swift.  lol
That conspiracy theory against Capitol Records I find a bit far fetched. They don't force her to release anything, neither would that be in order to let a single 'fail' (which Unconditionally hasn't done) nor would purposely failing one song help to push their artist under contract into a whole particular direction and prevent her from moving towards another one.
Katy does have money, yes, but she's far from being in a position to start her own record company. You only need to google celebs net worth and compare her wealth to that of Miley Cyrus, Lady Gaga or even Beyonce, and you'll get a true picture about the reality of those things. Katy, amongst global female super pop stars, is still one of the 'poor' ones in comparison. Any of the names I mention here could write a cheque to buy Katy's entire business. After a tour, another album, and yet another tour these things may be different, but for now Katy is still working her bum off to build things up, and she does depend on some big company like Capitol to do so.
Don't worry though, she does at the moment automatically earn just over $10 per minute even without doing anything towards it, even while having dinner or picking her nose, and that 24/7.
If you followed what Katy says in interviews about the songs she writes or co writes, and what gets printed about what she says, then you would know that Unconditionally is a very personal and special song for her which she loves like nothing else on Prism, and that this is a main reason why she wanted it to be there at all. When it got released as a single I was a bit surprised; considering it's composition, musical structure, sound etc I got the picture that it wasn't going to be a smash hit - Unconditionally just isn't the material for that - but also being aware that a person like Katy Perry knows about the business and about what she's doing in ways I probably can't even think of it's been clear to me she wanted it for her own reason, and at that time for a reason. Katy doesn't misjudge the release date of a track when it's Christmas, she's an accomplished businesswoman in the industry, no longer a beginner who wouldn't know how her own stuff works.
Capitol are not stupid either, they know how old she is, and that she's not going to sing to 15 year olds about last Friday night in a few years time. Katy isn't just being pushed around or being forced into any kind of impossible image. She's building up her career using all her energy, willpower and brains. You're making a whole nightmare story from just one track not being yet another #1, a track which was never likely to be one anyway.

Just wanna add one thing: The last two days I did a couple of test runs in front of people to know if I'm ready to take Unconditionally to the clubs and pubs with me - I damn well was, sang it spot on, and found out the line 'open up your heart' really DOES open up your heart once you get round to singing it to somebody else- the song is such a joy to sing and play, it makes my soul glow with all the light it's been written with - it isn't always only about charts and sales and number ones, it's about the joy and light Katy and what she puts out into the world bring us, and that importance has never changed.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 02:42:29 AM by TheMouse »

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline KittenHangingByAThread

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Your words can pollute the future.
« Reply #5517 on: December 28, 2013, 02:59:27 AM »
Just wanna add one thing: The last two days I did a couple of test runs in front of people to know if I'm ready to take Unconditionally to the clubs and pubs with me - I damn well was, sang it spot on, and found out the line 'open up your heart' really DOES open up your heart once you get round to singing it to somebody else- the song is such a joy to sing and play, it makes my soul glow with all the light it's been written with - it isn't always only about charts and sales and number ones, it's about the joy and light Katy and what she puts out into the world bring us, and that importance has never changed.

THIS
City lights and big dreams. | PROUD KATYCAT #68481

Twitter: https://twitter.com/kittenonathread
Tumblr: http://cupcakesushikimono.tumblr.com
Calgary Dreams 16/7/2011| KP3D 2/7/2012 | PWT Calgary 29/8/2014 :xx:

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5518 on: December 28, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »
@mits:

Hahahahahaha. NO! You are delusional.

What the flip does it matter that I don't live in the USA?! Haha, you're funny...

Uncon started getting radio updates on mediabase on Oct 17, LMAO!!! Not November 5th... by then it already had a 60+million audience. Not sure what that means? Get educated...

24/7, lmao!!!!!!!!!!!... 'nuff said!

Can you get off your high horse??? Capitol didn't force Katy to do a damn thing. Get with the program! Again, and again and again, it's amazing how you claim to support Katy and see such awesomeness in her, but the crap you pull out of your ass says the COMPLETE opposite. Do you listen to yourself... or I spose read over what you write? With a clear mind? You MIS-judge Katy and the people she has on her team SO hard. All I will add to this is Capital VERY MUCH cares about Katy's fans, by golly gee! I wasn't the only one given a pizza party (complete with cherry Pepsi!) and exclusive tour of the Capitol Records Tower Summer 2012. They didn't have to do that.

You apparently don't realize who the captain of Katy's ship (aka career) is... it's Katy. OH EM GEE!

Get with that program...

Offline OneOfKatysBoys

• Know it all
  • don't be basic
« Reply #5519 on: December 28, 2013, 09:23:53 PM »
WHO WANTS PIZZA?

this is called a signature. doesn't seem to do much but I think it secretly has a superpower it uses when I'm not looking. just a feeling.
@contraduncan
(thank you HOURGLAS4 for the GIF)