Please login or register. April 16, 2014, 05:24:24 PM

Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 293564 times)

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #5490 on: December 03, 2013, 12:05:57 PM »
Its not all the time :) before she did the roar performance the last time she performed on the UK version was 2011 with TOTGA :)

But I don't think she has performed even once on the US version of the X Factor.  Her last performance on American Idol was when she sang ET in May 2011.  She clearly performs far more often on the UK version of X Factor that she does on any American singing shows.  Why is that?

Idk tbh, youll have to ask her ;)
You have to remember that Xfactor USA is still relatively new! I'd say the reason she doesn't perform on it is because she'll proabably only perform on one show of the likes (The Voice, Xfactor, American Idol etc) and out of all these, American Idol probably has the biggest viewership. Idk I could be wrong, I haven't actually researched these figures but I know that it at least used to! And she last performed on American Idol with Part Of Me in 2012!  :)

You're right, she did perform Part of Me in 2012.  But nothing since then, but she's appeared on the UK version of X Factor several times since then.

Online steviep24

• Is Screwed.. Oh Well
  • I'm wide awake!
« Reply #5491 on: December 03, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »
Its not all the time :) before she did the roar performance the last time she performed on the UK version was 2011 with TOTGA :)

But I don't think she has performed even once on the US version of the X Factor.  Her last performance on American Idol was when she sang ET in May 2011.  She clearly performs far more often on the UK version of X Factor that she does on any American singing shows.  Why is that?

You have to remember that Xfactor USA is still relatively new! I'd say the reason she doesn't perform on it is because she'll proabably only perform on one show of the likes (The Voice, Xfactor, American Idol etc) and out of all these, American Idol probably has the biggest viewership. Idk I could be wrong, I haven't actually researched these figures but I know that it at least used to! And she last performed on American Idol with Part Of Me in 2012!  :)

You're right, she did perform Part of Me in 2012.  But nothing since then, but she's appeared on the UK version of X Factor several times since then.
Most current American singing/talent shows are spinoffs of their British counterparts. And, from what I understand, the British are a lot better at these shows which could be a reason Katy doesn't do the American versions as often. American Idol could be on it's way out unless they make some major changes to gain back their lost viewership.
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline katycat4life1

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #5492 on: December 09, 2013, 09:53:13 AM »

Most current American singing/talent shows are spinoffs of their British counterparts. And, from what I understand, the British are a lot better at these shows which could be a reason Katy doesn't do the American versions as often. American Idol could be on it's way out unless they make some major changes to gain back their lost viewership.

I couldn't agree more, the Australian ones are the same. That is why they either have poor rating or are now cancelled, like Australian Idol

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #5493 on: December 11, 2013, 07:08:48 AM »
X factor UK has been on 10 years and was supposed to be cancelled, but now has agreed a contract for another 5 years!
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #5494 on: December 11, 2013, 11:26:59 AM »

I couldn't agree more, the Australian ones are the same. That is why they either have poor rating or are now cancelled, like Australian Idol
This Friday night, I'll have to watch The Voice Of Germany because Katy will do a performance there. By the name of the show I suppose it's a German version of the same thing - and as soon as Katy is finished I can turn it off; that's how interesting I find those things nowadays.

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline Kots

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • Katycat
« Reply #5495 on: December 11, 2013, 01:40:56 PM »
Sorry guys, where can I check out single sales in the USA and worldwide?

Offline kitkat

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #5496 on: December 18, 2013, 08:15:08 PM »
Dark Horse is #10 on US iTunes right now, yes!  Smash hit.  Coming for that 9th #1. 

Offline katykicksass

• Know it all
  • ケイティー・ペリー
« Reply #5497 on: December 18, 2013, 08:49:46 PM »
Dark Horse is #17 on the Canadian itunes.
06/30/2011 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/18/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
07/21/2014 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5498 on: December 18, 2013, 10:47:56 PM »
Dark Horse is #17 on the Canadian itunes.

Time for a revolution! This shall not be... that's too far from the top! Come on, CANADA!! lol Actually, I haven't bought it yet....

Offline gpprism

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Katycat
« Reply #5499 on: December 19, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »
i reckon dark horse will do pretty well in the charts i love it

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #5500 on: December 19, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »
Its now confirmed as a single so Dark Horse will shoot up :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #5501 on: December 22, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »

I'm in love with Dark Horse, I can see it being a no.1 hit

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline gpprism

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Katycat
« Reply #5502 on: December 23, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »

yeah so many of my friends who aren't too crazy about Katy loved it once i played them it so i think it's gonna do great

Offline katycat4life1

« Reply #5503 on: December 26, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »

yeah so many of my friends who aren't too crazy about Katy loved it once i played them it so i think it's gonna do great

I find it promising that without being released as a single it has made it in the top 10 charts, so when it is released it should go straight to no.1

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #5504 on: December 26, 2013, 05:35:07 PM »
dark horse jumps from 22 to 14 on this weeks billboard hot 100...