Author Topic: Chart News!!!!  (Read 318790 times)

Offline katyfan100000

• Ripest Apple
Re: Chart News!!!!
« Reply #4890 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:31 AM »

Hot 100 chart is already updated!  :firework:

Now all we have to do is make it stay at #1! Otherwise little monsters will just say "it was because of clear channel and the sales...." like what happened with Eminem's Not Afraid and Ke$ha's We R Who We R and Britney's Hold It Against Me, all which debuted at #1 but couldn't hang on to another week there.

KEEP REQUESTING!

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #4891 on: February 23, 2012, 11:55:27 AM »
Well if they said that they'd be idiots because Katy didn't have a Clear Channell deal, radio just decided to play it massively on Day 1 on their own accord.

I'd be really surprised if it manages to hold on this week, but it will return to the top in a few weeks. Remember how massive Katys videos are! :P
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #4892 on: February 23, 2012, 06:27:07 PM »
Now this is when this becomes SO COOL...

http://www.billboard.com/news/katy-hudson-878185.story#/news/katy-hudson-878185.story

Then click the photo of Katy at the top... "Hot 100".. BAM, she's #1!! #TimeTravel HEHEHEHE!

And WTF.. Clear Channel??? Wow, really? LMAO! Too funny!

And it won't be #1 next week. :) But it's by no means over yet... lots in store for this sucker!!! :)

Offline gustavo.

• Lost Control
« Reply #4893 on: February 23, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »
POM is declining way more than expected, isn't it?... and the video will come out like, only next month. Until then I don't know where POM will be.

If I said I want more weeks at #1 now, would you hold it against me? :P
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:36:02 PM by gustavo. »

São Paulo 25/09/2011
Belfast 08/05/2014

Offline katy_chameleon

• Dressed up like Elvis!
  • Katy's voice is like a pint of Guinness; smooth.
« Reply #4894 on: February 24, 2012, 02:40:21 AM »
And it won't be #1 next week. :) But it's by no means over yet... lots in store for this sucker!!! :)
Probs right. Looks like Adele is poised to grab her 3rd #1 from her 21 album. And Rumour Has It has re-entered the charts at #67, likely feeding off the momentum of her Grammy haul.
But in the meantime, Katy bumps off Kelly and holds off Adele to DEBUT AT #1!!! WAY TO GO KATY!!!
 :firework: :thumbzup: :cheers: :dudeparty: :kaching: :hellaholla: :yay:
Just shows that Katy can hold her own against the best of the best! 
Of course, there still is the release of the video and the TD re-release, so POM still has an opportunity to gain more momentum.
No matter what else happens, Katy has established herself as a fucking LEGEND.
KatyCat #22170
Twitter: @katy_chameleon
2011-07-19: Rogers Arena, Vancouver
2014-09-09: Rogers Arena, Vancouver

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #4895 on: February 24, 2012, 02:52:01 AM »
Set Fire To The Rain has already been #1. :P And it's declining fast too, it'll probably be Kelly again next week.
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline Darthvanner

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • Your dreams are never silly.
« Reply #4896 on: February 24, 2012, 05:01:32 AM »
Legend  :strawberry:

Offline Candymonster

• Is Ready
  • Music is my life ♥
« Reply #4897 on: February 24, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »
http://euflowria.tumblr.com/     //     http://you-are-a-katycat-when.tumblr.com/        

02/26 Munich + 10/31 Manchester

Offline katy_chameleon

• Dressed up like Elvis!
« Reply #4898 on: February 25, 2012, 02:49:14 AM »
Set Fire To The Rain has already been #1. :P And it's declining fast too, it'll probably be Kelly again next week.
OK my bad. It went #1 the week of Feb. 4. However, Rumour Has It has been getting a lot of airplay in my market. I would not be surprised if that song picks up momentum and shoots into the top 10. If it goes #1, we could be talking of Katy and Michael having added company for that "Most #1 singles from 1 album" record.
As for POM, I would not be surprised if it makes a return to the #1 spot, particularly with the album re-release and the video yet to come.
KatyCat #22170

Offline Little.Miss.Perry

• Wannabe
  • *~Cup of Coffee and an Overdose~*
« Reply #4899 on: February 25, 2012, 02:17:17 PM »
It's absolutely amazing to be able and flip through the pages on this thread. Katy has always been nothing but brilliant.

:hellokaty:

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #4900 on: February 25, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »
OK my bad. It went #1 the week of Feb. 4. However, Rumour Has It has been getting a lot of airplay in my market. I would not be surprised if that song picks up momentum and shoots into the top 10. If it goes #1, we could be talking of Katy and Michael having added company for that "Most #1 singles from 1 album" record.
As for POM, I would not be surprised if it makes a return to the #1 spot, particularly with the album re-release and the video yet to come.

Apparently Rumour Has It is the last single, so fingers crossed for that to be true! ;D

Offline shailyheartskaty

• Got a Bloody Knee
« Reply #4901 on: February 25, 2012, 02:47:05 PM »
how amazing is that!?! wow!xx

acceptance is the key to be, to be truly free

Offline katy_chameleon

• Dressed up like Elvis!
« Reply #4902 on: February 25, 2012, 03:28:08 PM »

Apparently Rumour Has It is the last single, so fingers crossed for that to be true! ;D
As a KatyCat, I hope so too! But I think all bets are off if Rumour Has It goes #1. Adele may be tempted to go for tying Katy's record if it does. In that case, I'll bet she releases Turning Tables as her 5th single.

I also can't help how similar Part Of Me and Kelly's What Doesn't Kill You are in terms of theme and content. Both songs deal with breaking with past negative experiences and moving on, emerging stronger than ever and becoming indomitable. It's like the 2 songs are complementary to one another! That's why I like playing them back-to-back. 
KatyCat #22170

Offline kitkat

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #4903 on: February 25, 2012, 05:15:46 PM »
I'm thinking the music video is the only thing that can get Part of Me back to #1.  I just hope we get it around Mid or Late March.  April would be kinda late.

Offline shailyheartskaty

• Got a Bloody Knee
« Reply #4904 on: February 25, 2012, 05:35:08 PM »

As a KatyCat, I hope so too! But I think all bets are off if Rumour Has It goes #1. Adele may be tempted to go for tying Katy's record if it does. In that case, I'll bet she releases Turning Tables as her 5th single.

I also can't help how similar Part Of Me and Kelly's What Doesn't Kill You are in terms of theme and content. Both songs deal with breaking with past negative experiences and moving on, emerging stronger than ever and becoming indomitable. It's like the 2 songs are complementary to one another! That's why I like playing them back-to-back. 

Ahh,that's really clever :') I just have Part Of Me on repeat constantly! I wish revising was as easy as learning lyrics..<3

acceptance is the key to be, to be truly free