Author Topic: Katy Perry @ IPL Opening Night - Chennai, IN - April 3rd 2012  (Read 8610 times)

Offline kittiepurryxo

• Likes to Twerk-a-Lot
  • I'm an angel egg
Katy Perry to perform at IPL opening ceremony

American pop star Katy Perry will perform during the opening ceremony of the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League on April 3, the organizers announced on Tuesday.

The IPL Opening Nite will be held at the YMCA Grounds in Chennai a day before the start of the Twenty20 cricket league.

“We look forward to Ms. Perry’s participation at the DLF IPL 2012 Opening Nite. A performer of her calibre makes the occasion even more special for the IPL family – players, organisers and fans. The verve and originality of her music matches that of the competition and we look forward to an inspired performance from her,” IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla, said in a statement.

Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Salman Khan will also be part of the opening ceremony, which will begin at 7:30 pm.

The venue gates will be thrown open to the audience from 5:00 pm.

The sale of the tickets, pegged at a starting price of Rs. 1,500, would be on sale from March 16.
Source: sports.ndtv.com

(Olivia notified for the calendar :) )
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 02:08:35 PM by Olivia »

A M Y C A T ♡

twitter: prismxo

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Wesley Willis
  • Choose your battles, babe. Then you'll win the war
Re: Katy Perry @ IPL Opening Night - Chennai, IN - April 3rd 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 12:24:13 AM »
Wow India!! Is this event private or it going to be on TV the opening ceremony?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 12:29:40 AM by Lady Kenobi »

05/02/2011 Purr launch (Mexico City)
03/09/2011 California Dreams Tour (Mexico City)
17/10/2014 The Prismatic World Tour (Mexico City)

Offline robotindisguise87

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 12:52:51 AM »
It should be on TV.... probably not in the US though since you guys don't have cricket.

I'm hoping this will be on tv here in Australia. I think we usually get the IPL games..... maybe the ceremony too. fingers crossed.
Melbourne CDT - 28/4/11
Sydney KP3D Premiere -30/6/12
Sydney Sunrise Concert - 29/10/13
Belfast PWT - 7/05/14
Belfast PWT - 8/05/14
Perth PWT - 7/11/14
Perth PWT - 8/11/14

Offline Lady Kenobi

• Wesley Willis
  • Choose your battles, babe. Then you'll win the war
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »
It should be on TV.... probably not in the US though since you guys don't have cricket.

I'm hoping this will be on tv here in Australia. I think we usually get the IPL games..... maybe the ceremony too. fingers crossed.

Lucky ones!! I didn't know that US didn't have cricket (I'm from Mexico), too bad. But well maybe someone will upload a video of the event (hope so).

05/02/2011 Purr launch (Mexico City)
03/09/2011 California Dreams Tour (Mexico City)
17/10/2014 The Prismatic World Tour (Mexico City)

Offline Juliani

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • She's a beast
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 09:26:31 AM »
India! Gonna be awesome :D :thumbzup: :strawberry:
I'm new at this , so confused  ???
It's Katy Patra!!

Offline kaypee

• Head-Turning
  • Katy Perry meets long lost sister Katy Perez =)
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
Oh.. isn't it that there was a forum entry and there was comment that he/she was wondering what Katy would be doing in India? 

Well this is the answer!!!  Lucky you people!!   :thumbzup:

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »
Exclusive: Katy Perry Dishes About Upcoming Trip to India!
- http://www.desihits.com/news/view/dh-exclusive-katy-perry-dishes-about-performance-in-india-20120328

DH!: Are you looking forward to your performance here in India?

Katy: I'm very much looking forward to performing in India for the first time, to be able to bring some of my California Dreams Tour to India and to be in India for my fans. I'm very excited to meet them and see them, and finally bring them some happiness in the form of music.

DH!: Are you a sports enthusiast? Have you been introduced to the delights of cricket?

Katy: I'm a sports enthusiast. I like to watch all kinds of different types of sports. I just performed for a sporting event - the Super Bowl - and had a fantastic time. I liked the spirit in the crowd, and the enthusiasm that the sport brings, and the community it brings together. I have not ever played cricket, but I'm excited to learn in India.

DH!: Your music, like the IPL, is a combination of styles and influences. Which of your songs celebrates the spirit of the competition?
Katy: I think "Firework" is the song that can give you that extra spurt of energy that you need when you're playing sports or in any type of competition because it has a very inspirational message, and a thumping beat in the background which always helps if you need a soundtrack for energy.
DH!: You will get together with some big Bollywood stars at the IPL 2012 Opening Nite. Your thoughts?

Katy: I'm very excited to be able to collaborate with some Bollywood stars in India for the IPL. I think Bollywood is amazing and fun and over-the-top, and I love to be involved with a lot of things that are over the top, so I think it's a good match. I really like their spirit, and charm and sense of humor, and I'm hoping that I can bring some Western love to Bollywood and then take home some Bollywood to the Western world.

DH!: What fashion accessory recommendation to our IPL stars his season?

Katy: Anything Adidas - I think it's comfortable and chic for your fitness.

DH!: You have a huge fan following in India, your message to all fans?

Katy: I'd like to say, "Hi everyone! I'm very excited! I know that everyone in India has waited for a very long time for me to come and perform professionally. I've enjoyed India on my own time personally, and now it's time to give back to the fans. I'm really excited to be a part of something really big in India and to soak up all the culture and beauty that is India, and to learn about the country and the people, and just have an incredible experience."

Offline kittykatyjess

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • Let the Light In.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:47 PM »
I think she should pop down to australia after this! :)
because legends never die.

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 10:32:47 PM »
Isn't in the plans as far as I know (same for Canada........ but who knowssssssss), BUT you've seen the AskKatyPerry hash tag an Australian ... radio.. is doing?!? :)

Offline kittykatyjess

• Let the Light In.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
Isn't in the plans as far as I know (same for Canada........ but who knowssssssss), BUT you've seen the AskKatyPerry hash tag an Australian ... radio.. is doing?!? :)

Yeah I think it's with nova. I've done one already. But still ahaha I think she should sneak down here and see her Aussie Katycats. I feel like we are being forgotten. :( but then again I'm having katy withdrawals.
because legends never die.

Offline viviennereis

• Purry-licious!
  • ''Grow up but don't give up!''
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
GO KATY  :goyou:
i'm waiting for her in brazil :zzz:

Offline 93bperez

• Is Ready
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 08:39:18 AM »
Looking forward to watching videos of this!
***Dos Pueblos High School--------Santa Barbara, California---------September 14, 2010***
***Y100 Jingle Ball----------------------Ft. Lauderdale, Florida------------December 11, 2010***
***California Dreams Tour-------------Ft. Lauderdale, Florida------------June 11, 2011***

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
I too, am excited for videos of this! She's so busy this year, hahaha :)
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline maddiecat

• Purrrfection
  • 3rd July 2012 | I'm so glad you stayed kp
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 11:52:51 AM »
Ooh Ooooh excited.

Offline Zoe_KatyCat

• Jaw-Dropping
  • 27.10.11 <3 OMG Met Katy
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 02:40:54 PM »
DH!: Are you a sports enthusiast? Have you been introduced to the delights of cricket?

Katy: I'm a sports enthusiast. I like to watch all kinds of different types of sports. I just performed for a sporting event - the Super Bowl - and had a fantastic time. I liked the spirit in the crowd, and the enthusiasm that the sport brings, and the community it brings together. I have not ever played cricket, but I'm excited to learn in India.

WHAT IS THIS? HOW THE. Do Americans not play cricket or something? Daammmnnnn. It can be reall fun too  :hehe:

When I met Katy. She abused a cat infront of my very eyes.                                       

CDT October 27th 2011 - M&G <3
Summertime Ball June 9th 2012
Katy Tweeted August 15th 2013 <3