Author Topic: Part of Me - 7th Single (UK #1)  (Read 35717 times)

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
Re: Part of Me - 7th Single (?)
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 10:22:51 PM »
Ooooh! ^ Nice find!

It's probably based on that. The game is centered around rising to fame, so she starts off playing her guitar looking ordinary, then she moves up to performing on a stage looking very much like that picture then she moves up to full on epic performances, wearing something similar to the later California Gurls performances on the tour.

Now, someone try to find a picture/video of Katy wearing the outfit from the start of the video but IRL! :P It looks a lot like the Ur So Gay one to me.
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline lovemuscle

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 10:27:52 PM »
I never even thought about the outfit in relation to the video, all I could think was "I know that outfit"  :lol:
Your explanation makes a whole lot of sense now :)
I've never seen that outfit before I don't think, it's similar to the Ur So Gay but it's not it....hmm Katycats get to it!

Offline rafaelmuniz

• Head-Turning
  • Dreams won't work unless you do.
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »
Erm.. The expansion pack is called "Showtime", for me it was already obvious the message was her rising to fame, and they actually did that dress to look like one that probably Katy really liked in the past  :hehe:

http://katyperrylicious.tumblr.com | http://www.katyperry.com.br

São Paulo 09/25/2011 - I wore the wig that's blue & found a love that's true ♥
Rio de Janeiro 07/30/2012 - Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D Premiere

Offline lovemuscle

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 10:46:11 PM »
I've never used the sims before so I thought it'd just be a Katy sim that you can make concerts and outfits with, excuse my ignorance!  :lol: I didn't think it was anything to do with her rise or her story really!

Offline rafaelmuniz

• Head-Turning
  • Dreams won't work unless you do.
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 10:50:56 PM »
I've never used the sims before so I thought it'd just be a Katy sim that you can make concerts and outfits with, excuse my ignorance!  :lol: I didn't think it was anything to do with her rise or her story really!

haha no problem, just cause you didn't get it at first doesn't mean you're ignorant  :lol:
It's just that the whole idea of the new expansion is to rise to fame and all, so as Katy is the bomb.com nowadays they probably decided to take her journey as en example.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:20:02 PM by rafaelmuniz »

http://katyperrylicious.tumblr.com | http://www.katyperry.com.br

São Paulo 09/25/2011 - I wore the wig that's blue & found a love that's true ♥
Rio de Janeiro 07/30/2012 - Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D Premiere

Offline lovemuscle

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 10:52:48 PM »
I've never used the sims before so I thought it'd just be a Katy sim that you can make concerts and outfits with, excuse my ignorance!  :lol: I didn't think it was anything to do with her rise or her story really!

haha no problem, just cause you didn't get it at first doesn't mean your ignorant  :lol:
It's just that the whole idea of the new expansion is to rise to fame and all, so as Katy is the bomb.com nowadays they probably decided to take her journey as en example.

I understand it now, thanks for explaining  :kittypurry: :)

Offline katy_chameleon

• Dressed up like Elvis!
  • Katy's voice is like a pint of Guinness; smooth.
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2012, 01:02:39 AM »
this is happening katycats  :kittypurry:
As much as I would like and want this to happen, I'm still skeptical until someone provides a reference from a reasonably reliable source.  :-\

*Points to Muzu.tv*

"EMI signed a deal [with Muzu.tv] on 16 January 2009 which permitted the website to feature more than 5,000 videos." - Only official people an upload to that website, therefore it is at least 'reasonably reliable' :P I think you're just waiting on Official Confirmation from Katy or Billboard.
@Conalae: thanks for clarifying. I think I'm a little less skeptical now.
I think it's because of all those tweets I have been receiving that "Part Of Me is confirmed as the next single/being on the re-release, etc." only to find that was just a mention on some fan message board that has made me view these claims with a "questioning arched eyebrow", as Katy would put it.
Also, nowhere in those ET videos does it ever mention POM as being part of EA's commercial or promotional videos for the game. Nor has EA ever used the song in their videos (the ones seen on YouTube are merely overdubs).
However, there is one video that does attempt to synchronize POM's lyrics with the EA promotional video by overdubbing the track with the vid. If you look at Katy's mouth movements, I think they closely match up with the lyrics to POM. 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzouYJ_coAg&feature=related[/youtube]

This video is also linked to a pop blog titled "Pop On & On", which is also reporting that the track is rumored to be the next single off TD Complete Confection. Don't know how reliable the site is, but it does appear to have some credible articles. 
http://poponandon.com/previously-leaked-track-part-of-me-to-be-released-as-next-katy-perry-single
So the speculation is indeed heating up. However, I would feel more comfortable about this if the news did come from Katy, her record company, or established sources such as ET or Billboard. Just me I guess.     
KatyCat #22170
Twitter: @katy_chameleon
2011-07-19: Rogers Arena, Vancouver
2014-09-09: Rogers Arena, Vancouver

Offline katypurr93

• Dressing Up
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »
so confused right now..lol..is the video we are seeing for the sims game or for something else? lol..i would love "part of me" to be a single!!
Thanks to CandyPurry for making this! ;)

Offline debatti

• I love katy like the fat kid loves candyfornia
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 05:40:55 AM »
I never even thought about the outfit in relation to the video, all I could think was "I know that outfit"  :lol:
Your explanation makes a whole lot of sense now :)
I've never seen that outfit before I don't think, it's similar to the Ur So Gay but it's not it....hmm Katycats get to it!

Yer. The outfit is from her 2009 melbourne australia hkt performances.
:) i would know as i was there. Haha.

As soon as i saw the video i realised it was rise to fame also. It makes lots of sense

Offline Fily

• Out to Lunch
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2012, 06:21:05 AM »
Is just me that think this video seems a little bit strange? Katy in the video is not the same Katy of nowadays...she wear old clothes and her hair are black...It makes me think that maybe is an editing with images from other shows with Part of Me in backsound!
More,I knew that this was a spot for "the Sims" ...but it sounds strange that in the spot there is an unreleased track and not one of her success...
I don't know what to think... Part of Me was supposed to be a "scrap" of Teenage Dream,so,it's almost incredibile that she coose it now even like a Single!
Cannot do anything but wait :D

23.02.2011 CDT Milan ♥

Twitter: @filh_

Offline debatti

• I love katy like the fat kid loves candyfornia
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2012, 06:43:07 AM »
Is just me that think this video seems a little bit strange? Katy in the video is not the same Katy of nowadays...she wear old clothes and her hair are black...It makes me think that maybe is an editing with images from other shows with Part of Me in backsound!
More,I knew that this was a spot for "the Sims" ...but it sounds strange that in the spot there is an unreleased track and not one of her success...
I don't know what to think... Part of Me was supposed to be a "scrap" of Teenage Dream,so,it's almost incredibile that she coose it now even like a Single!
Cannot do anything but wait :D

You would make a valid point if she wasnt releasing a rerelease with songs that didnt make it to the record.
Seeing as she is, it makes perfect sense and it's her in the present time. :P

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2012, 08:25:21 AM »
I dreamt about Katy last night. Asked her about POM.. and she WINKED AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MURDER!!!!!!!!!! lol

hehehe...

But ya, somewhat mystical at this point... BRING IT!!!!!!!!!

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2012, 08:37:15 AM »
Tuesday. Tuesday's when all the good stuff will happen. Single Cover/Single Confirmation/Complete Confection Confirmation/etc.

Watch it be today now. >_>
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2012, 09:56:18 AM »
Tuesday. Tuesday's when all the good stuff will happen. Single Cover/Single Confirmation/Complete Confection Confirmation/etc.

I thought Tuesday was #shitmusictuesday  :hehe:

Offline GioMeow.

• Lost Control
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2012, 10:12:56 AM »

I thought Tuesday was #shitmusictuesday  :hehe:

Ahahah me too!  :lol:

23/02/11 my first Katy's concert ♥