Author Topic: Katy Perry Randomness Thread!  (Read 110485 times)

Offline steviep24

• Wants to See Your Peacock
  • I'm wide awake!
Re: Katy Perry Randomness Thread!
« Reply #2460 on: March 19, 2014, 01:17:50 PM »
The song Katy is working on. If you can read it. Notice the rose quartz crystals and Occult book.

Occult book? Oh, so much Illuminati :lol:
on my small screen I've got, I can't read it, but what's more of a question on my mind, where is the pic from?

I've been wondering about it too. I looked for it on Instagrams of people dr. Luke mentioned but I found only a different picture that Sarah posted.
I just find this so beautiful and inspiring, Katy is more present in this picture than in hundreds of such in which you can see her, I can just feel that. She must be so much in that rose quartz thing now, and why does she need that book for what she's doing - I don't expect a reply to that, it's just the beauty of really looking at her, not at glamour and red carpet shots.
That "rose quartz" tweet makes a lot more sense now.  :lol:
Katy is working with Sarah Hudson along with Dr. Luke and Company. I'm not sure if this will be Katy's song or if it's for Sarah.

As for Rose Quartz symbolism it's known as the Stone of Love but it has other symbolism as well, perhaps occult symbolism. Sarah Hudson is kind of a New Ager/Hippie and Katy's into New Age stuff as well.

Rose Quartz: The Stone of Love
http://www.sunnyray.org/Roze-quartz-stone-of-love.htm

Alesha Dixon's Stone Quartz fragrance.
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Alesha-Dixon/Alesha-Rose-Quartz-22974.html

And this...

Dr. Luke Doctor Luke ‏@TheDoctorLuke  Mar 16
Best day ever in the studio w @EsterDean @jacobkasher @_cirkut @chloeangelides @SarahHudsonuvs @katyperry @PlanetVI & a visit from Joe Pesci

Some hints about @katyperry's secret studio session. What do you think Katy is up to? pic.twitter.com/KCrN55Na3w

« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 05:53:39 PM by steviep24 »
Never grow up!

Thanks to Carmenxox for my ava. Proud Katycat #11,803
6/30/2011 Toronto ACC
8/14/2014 Cleveland The Q
Music is the most powerful form of expression. My Twitter @steviep2424 :)

Offline katykrackel

• Reading Hemingway
  • Take a chance...
« Reply #2461 on: March 19, 2014, 05:22:26 PM »
THIS!  :kittypurry:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/this-4-year-old-and-her-mom-make-incredible-paper-versions-o

And for those who aren't a fan of reading/scrolling through non-Katy things, I will some it up. A 4 year-old and her mother make celeb dresses out of construction paper, tissue paper, and tape.

This is the one they made of Katy's Grammy dress, I could just eat this little girl up!

You think you've seen her in a magazine, it's like she walked right out of your dreams...

Offline Carmenxox

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • I can see the writing on the wall
« Reply #2462 on: March 20, 2014, 11:15:37 AM »
^ How adorable!  :hellokaty:

Proud Katycat #5998
"You are never fully dressed without a smile" - Katy Perry

Offline ILoveKatyBird

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • ♥▽PRISMATIC WORLD TOUR♥▽
« Reply #2463 on: March 20, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/this-4-year-old-and-her-mom-make-incredible-paper-versions-o

And for those who aren't a fan of reading/scrolling through non-Katy things, I will some it up. A 4 year-old and her mother make celeb dresses out of construction paper, tissue paper, and tape.

This is the one they made of Katy's Grammy dress, I could just eat this little girl up!

Awwww how cute! The dress is pretty impressive! :pinkbow:

♥  27/3/11 ,12/10/11 , 18/10/11 , 31/10/11 , 5/11/11, 9/6/12 , 3/7/12, 30/09/13, 7/5/14, 21/5/14, 23/5/14, 28/5/14, 30/5/14, 31/5/14 ♥

Thanks to HOURGLAS4 for my amazing sig!! :)

Offline Icypole

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
« Reply #2464 on: March 21, 2014, 01:41:34 AM »

Awwww how cute! The dress is pretty impressive! :pinkbow:

That dress looks great for just construction and tissue paper and the little girl's adorable.

Offline katykrackel

• Reading Hemingway
  • Take a chance...
« Reply #2465 on: March 22, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/544481/20140322/robert-pattinson-katy-perry-dating-kristen-stewart.htm

WHAT?? :lol:

This contradicts that WHOLE article!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-uZfUP7YI
"About 8 years ago and it fucking finally showed up"  :rofl: love our Mama!
You think you've seen her in a magazine, it's like she walked right out of your dreams...

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #2466 on: March 23, 2014, 12:02:02 AM »
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-uZfUP7YI
"About 8 years ago and it fucking finally showed up"  :rofl: love our Mama!

The funny thing is it went online just after it happened (Facebook), LOL! But it didn't get "noticed / go viral" until October 2013, the day after I got home from my LA trip. I had taken a photo of a building on my walk waiting for Katy's PRISM Party cuz it had a nice little artwork statue of Marilyn Monroe (and others). Unknowingly to me and interestingly enough, it's where they did this karaoke! HAHAHA!

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Bring The Beat Back...
« Reply #2467 on: March 23, 2014, 04:37:04 AM »
hahaha the actual video is hilarious!..wasnt it at Dimples in Burbank?lol

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
PHHHOTO:walshiee
Twitter @KatysSoyQuiche
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline sunnystarzx

• Is Ready
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #2468 on: March 23, 2014, 08:30:58 AM »
I was at the ITV studios last night where loads of KC met Katy last year and over the past few years, was lovely.. :)
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

Bring the beat back.

Offline katykrackel

• Reading Hemingway
  • Take a chance...
« Reply #2469 on: March 25, 2014, 11:08:57 PM »
I love finding random katy articles!!

This is a breakdown as to why Teenage Dream landed a spot @ number 1. Pretty interesting!

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/03/katy_perry_s_teenage_dream_explaining_the_hit_using_music_theory.html
"Her voice is the sun and the song is in orbit around it."  :dreamboat: :kittypurry:

Offline Iced Diamonds

• Wannabe Stalker
  • I love angel eggs
« Reply #2470 on: March 26, 2014, 03:25:50 AM »

This is a breakdown as to why Teenage Dream landed a spot @ number 1. Pretty interesting!

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2014/03/katy_perry_s_teenage_dream_explaining_the_hit_using_music_theory.html
"Her voice is the sun and the song is in orbit around it."  :dreamboat: :kittypurry:
That was so nice what they said and that quote  :dreamboat:
♥ 7th May, Auckland, NZ - The most magical night ever - I MET KATY ♥♥♥!! I ♥ you KPF!
Katycat #2407

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #2471 on: March 26, 2014, 04:49:51 AM »

I'm sure 'the voice is the sun' etc isn't meant as a compliment - rather,  it has to be seen in the context of the analysis. It's a metaphor for a mathematical description of the relation of the singer's position and the framework of the orchestration around the singer.
Normally I hate all dissecting analyses and 'reviews' because they're done by unqualified pretentious fools who haven't got the talent to even attempt doing what the people they write about do, but this is probably the first intelligent piece of that sort I've ever seen written - and as such it's an exception in a way. 
Still, I'm not that impressed by it - musicians know all this, and non musicians don't understand all this (and haven't got an app on their phone either).
In the end, it's just unnecessary hogwash and pretentious nonsense again, tbh. I wish people analysed their own work as a rule, not that of others.

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #2472 on: March 26, 2014, 03:28:12 PM »

I'm sure 'the voice is the sun' etc isn't meant as a compliment - rather,  it has to be seen in the context of the analysis. It's a metaphor for a mathematical description of the relation of the singer's position and the framework of the orchestration around the singer.
Normally I hate all dissecting analyses and 'reviews' because they're done by unqualified pretentious fools who haven't got the talent to even attempt doing what the people they write about do, but this is probably the first intelligent piece of that sort I've ever seen written - and as such it's an exception in a way. 
Still, I'm not that impressed by it - musicians know all this, and non musicians don't understand all this (and haven't got an app on their phone either).
In the end, it's just unnecessary hogwash and pretentious nonsense again, tbh. I wish people analysed their own work as a rule, not that of others.

While I agree with most of what you said, the study of music theory is a very real academic. The bold statement above is like saying rocket scientists know about rocket science, and non rocket scientists don't understand rocket science, therefore it's unnecessary hogwash. The truth is, guys like Dr. Luke and Max Martin have the jobs they do because they know what it takes for a song to get stuck in your head. That's partially the reason Teenage Dream was such a success. Notice how both Roar and Brave by Sara Bareilles went popular. They have the exact same chord progression, which happen to be incredibly catchy. There's a reason they're called sound engineers. It's a science.

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp

Offline TheMouse

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #2473 on: March 26, 2014, 06:05:28 PM »

While I agree with most of what you said, the study of music theory is a very real academic. The bold statement above is like saying rocket scientists know about rocket science, and non rocket scientists don't understand rocket science, therefore it's unnecessary hogwash. The truth is, guys like Dr. Luke and Max Martin have the jobs they do because they know what it takes for a song to get stuck in your head. That's partially the reason Teenage Dream was such a success. Notice how both Roar and Brave by Sara Bareilles went popular. They have the exact same chord progression, which happen to be incredibly catchy. There's a reason they're called sound engineers. It's a science.
Similar chords, but not exactly the same. Not sure what makes people think they're identical. The thing is, I know music is science when viewed academically, but scientists produce the most superfluous stuff in the world.

The day my friend (left) told me that I'm '...a natural blues singer...' August 12th 2014

:firework: :frolickingghost: :firework: :frolickingghost: :firework:

Offline flapfkp

• Little Voyeur
  • It is all so simple, just deal with it
« Reply #2474 on: March 26, 2014, 06:20:38 PM »

Similar chords, but not exactly the same. Not sure what makes people think they're identical. The thing is, I know music is science when viewed academically, but scientists produce the most superfluous stuff in the world.

The chords are literally the same: Bb-Gm-Eb-F . Play those chords on any instrument or online and compare them to the songs. I think that's beside the point however. I suppose the last bit there is your opinion and I respect that, so we won't continue this further.

To move this thread in a new direction, I present you:

After all, it's the Randomness Thread!

07/02/14 Sunrise, FL
08/17/14 St. Louis, MO

Katycat # 133136
@flapfkp