Please login or register. April 24, 2014, 11:51:06 AM

Author Topic: Katy Perry @ The 54th Grammy Awards - Los Angeles, CA - February 12th 2012  (Read 21447 times)

Offline HOURGLAS4

• 3th Degree Stalker
  • I'm your new God.
Re: Katy Perry @ The 54th Grammy Awards - Los Angeles, CA - February 12th 2012
« Reply #495 on: February 14, 2012, 10:06:31 PM »
^@HOURGLAS4 Damn, I love those gifs! Can I use one in my siggy?
Do you make gifs for other KatyCats?
Use those all you want.
And I do at times.
 :)

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #496 on: February 14, 2012, 10:31:59 PM »

Are we sure it's not Angela??? It's so hard to tell!! lol I know make-up can do a lot, but look at those lips, the nose, the way the eyebrows curve right off the nose... the big wide eyes... the cheeks. NOT knowing is torture, lol!

Offline SophieCat

• Smells Like a Mini-Bar!
« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »
^ it's her  :lol:

CDT 8-21-11
PWT 8-7-14

Offline little strawberry

• A Dead Battery
  • This is the Part Of Me
« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »

Are we sure it's not Angela??? It's so hard to tell!! lol I know make-up can do a lot, but look at those lips, the nose, the way the eyebrows curve right off the nose... the big wide eyes... the cheeks. NOT knowing is torture, lol!

totes her!

look the same eye color
when your down,sad,and feel alone all you have to do is listen to katy
proud katycat 18417! XD

Offline paperstrawberry

• Wannabe Stalker
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2012, 11:19:14 PM »
I don't think it was Angela LOL. loved the performance though!
and we're all totally shipping Katy & Rihanna right? :hehe:
Horchata - Vampire Weekend KatyCat #628
26/07/09 Molson Amp. | 18/06/10 etalk | 22/06/10 Live@Much | 30/06/11 Purr Launch / ACC
15/06/12 Part Of Me screen. | 16/06/12 MMVA rehearsals | 01/12/13 Mod Club

Offline katy_chameleon

• Is Still Trying to Connect the Dots
  • Katy's voice is like a pint of Guinness; smooth.
« Reply #500 on: February 15, 2012, 03:54:07 AM »
^^^Angela looks very pretty. Those big eyes seem to run in the family.
i agree with katy_chameleon, Katy deserves Grammys just like Adele. Katy is a very strong and talented performer. I know Adele has a very beautiful voice, but i only see her as a great singer not a performer or entertainer, but Katy? She's a whole package, a very true performer! That's my opinion  :)
Unfortunately, Adelle is exactly what the Grammy people like. Someone who's strictly about the music and nothing more. If Adelle wasn't around Katy probably would have won both song and record of the year.
@steviep24 you're spot on with that one. I may have said this before, but Grammy voters are industry professionals (producers, sound engineers, arrangers, musicians,  songwriters, etc.), many of whom have years of experience in their craft. This is why a music industry professional considers winning a Grammy a highlight of his/her career.

Grammy voters tend to look at the quality of the recording and/or performance, and nothing more. This is why some Grammys are won by acts which are less popular than mainstream artists (e.g.: Bon Iver for Best New Artist).

For 2011, the buzz throughout the industry was the critical success of Adele's album 21. Fans, broadcasters, promoters, and industry types all jumped on her bandwagon. Most every radio station (except country) was playing her music. This is one of those albums that come once in a blue moon. Similar albums include Carole King's Tapestry, Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill, and Norah Jones' Come Away With Me, all of which won Album Of The Year. 

I have no doubt that Katy is capable of releasing such an album which can garner critical success as well as popularity. Any of us KatyCats know how deep Katy can get with her songs, particularly Lost, Pearl, Not Like the Movies, or the acoustic version of TOTGA. Furthermore, Katy counts Carole King and Alanis Morissette as her influences, and admires Adele as a singer. She has much to learn from those people in order to achieve that level of success. However, it appears Capitol or her management is focusing her marketing exposure on the youth pop market. How long Katy is prepared to stay there or branch out will totally influence her maturity as a musician/performer.

But that is another topic for another time. In the meantime, let's enjoy the ride as Katy continues to strive to greater levels of success!
KatyCat #22170
Twitter: @katy_chameleon

Offline foobia

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #501 on: February 15, 2012, 05:08:04 AM »
Am I the only one who's not stressing over the body clone  :lol:?
she's awesome, isn't she?

@tlauraful

Offline Lily_Mee

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2012, 05:15:29 AM »

same here!  :hehe:
Life Ball Vienna 16.05.2009
BBC Radio 12.9.2010
Firework video shoot,Budapest 27-30.9.2010
Vienna 6.10.2010
CDT *Munich 26.2 *Vienna 27.2 *Berlin 4.3 *Frankfurt 6.3 *Hamburg 14.3 *LDN 14/15.10.2011 *

http://www.twitter.com/lilymee

Offline debatti

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I love katy like the fat kid loves candyfornia
« Reply #503 on: February 15, 2012, 07:05:01 AM »
In the Grammy Performance, did anyone notice the backup dancer Katy was supposedly having some 'sexy time' with had a dancing solo part with Katy in the Grammy performance?

Watch it again and you'll see. Either she's trying to instigate rumors purposely to fuck with the paparazzi as we all know she likes to do, or she's hinting that there's actually something up with her and him.
Because the whole stage, presentation and choreography (spelling) was power and independence and kinda anti-male until she did her little thing with him... It's really weird when you think about why they decided to do that when making up the dance moves. It doesn't fit and it's really interesting!

Offline StrawberryJelly

• Reading Hemingway
« Reply #504 on: February 15, 2012, 07:21:03 AM »
In the Grammy Performance, did anyone notice the backup dancer Katy was supposedly having some 'sexy time' with had a dancing solo part with Katy in the Grammy performance?

Watch it again and you'll see. Either she's trying to instigate rumors purposely to fuck with the paparazzi as we all know she likes to do, or she's hinting that there's actually something up with her and him.
Because the whole stage, presentation and choreography (spelling) was power and independence and kinda anti-male until she did her little thing with him... It's really weird when you think about why they decided to do that when making up the dance moves. It doesn't fit and it's really interesting!
Do you mean at the end of the performance. Where the dancer, who looks like malik( or maybe is) is  holding her hand and it looks like he is "helping her up" ?
Well yeah maybe it's just to fuck with the paparazzi  but maybe that was a sign... We don't know... But I can't imagine that she already hasn another relationship... I think she needs her time...
"I never want to say: I feel defined,I hope to be changing to the last day I'm on this earth" - Katy Perry

Offline debatti

• Not Even Close to Circling the Drain
  • I love katy like the fat kid loves candyfornia
« Reply #505 on: February 15, 2012, 07:25:23 AM »

Do you mean at the end of the performance. Where the dancer, who looks like malik( or maybe is) is  holding her hand and it looks like he is "helping her up" ?
Well yeah maybe it's just to fuck with the paparazzi  but maybe that was a sign... We don't know... But I can't imagine that she already hasn another relationship... I think she needs her time...

Yes... It is Malik I am like 90% sure. It doesn't fit in with the performance at all. Everything the song, stage and dancing is saying goes against that part where they rely on eachother and lift eachother up.

I do over-analyse things though. So :Z Maybe people shouldnt listen to my rambles.  :hehe:

Offline kaypee

• Head-Turning
  • Katy Perry meets long lost sister Katy Perez =)
« Reply #506 on: February 15, 2012, 07:42:12 AM »

same here!  :hehe:

it is stressing indeed...  :ummno:

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #507 on: February 15, 2012, 10:28:16 AM »

Do you mean at the end of the performance. Where the dancer, who looks like malik( or maybe is) is  holding her hand and it looks like he is "helping her up" ?
Well yeah maybe it's just to fuck with the paparazzi  but maybe that was a sign... We don't know... But I can't imagine that she already hasn another relationship... I think she needs her time...
Yes... It is Malik I am like 90% sure. It doesn't fit in with the performance at all. Everything the song, stage and dancing is saying goes against that part where they rely on eachother and lift eachother up.

I do over-analyse things though. So :Z Maybe people shouldnt listen to my rambles.  :hehe:
Not Malik when they lift her up. Malik is in front. The guy behind him spotted Katy with his hands. She touches each hand... Malik does do the "not gonna break my soul" part, but it seems like a dance movement to the lyrics about the soul to me. :) The song may be anti-guy-ish (or maybe just to ONE guy, lol), but it can't be that anti to these male dancers as they held her UP, they skip along the stage TOGETHER. :)

IMO... :)

Oo, and HQ!!!!!!
[youtube]AIsdFKyhXmo[/youtube]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:37:16 AM by SmackUTwice »

Offline StrawberryJelly

• Reading Hemingway
« Reply #508 on: February 15, 2012, 10:51:43 AM »

I do over-analyse things though. So :Z Maybe people shouldnt listen to my rambles.  :hehe:
Not Malik when they lift her up. Malik is in front. The guy behind him spotted Katy with his hands. She touches each hand... Malik does do the "not gonna break my soul" part, but it seems like a dance movement to the lyrics about the soul to me. :) The song may be anti-guy-ish (or maybe just to ONE guy, lol), but it can't be that anti to these male dancers as they held her UP, they skip along the stage TOGETHER. :)

IMO... :)

Oo, and HQ!!!!!!
[youtube]AIsdFKyhXmo[/youtube]
I just realized that these men figurs are melting, look at 2:11. After watsching it the 20th time I get it that these figures are made of ice and there melting. Katy is disturbing men with this perfomance!! Genius :D
"I never want to say: I feel defined,I hope to be changing to the last day I'm on this earth" - Katy Perry

Offline Caity

• Futuristic Lover
« Reply #509 on: February 15, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
This performance gives me chills every time!  I love the way she just exuded strength and power, it reminded me a lot of Circle the Drain on the CDT in that way. And THIS is the Katy that can hang with a bunch of hardcore rock bands on a summer of Warped Tour....love it!!