Author Topic: Katy Perry @ The 54th Grammy Awards - Los Angeles, CA - February 12th 2012  (Read 24451 times)

Offline Olivia

• Calendar Bitch
  • Is Ready
  • http://yoppappop.blogspot.fr/
Performing

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Current GRAMMY® nominee Katy Perry has been added to the stellar lineup for the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards® ( www.grammy.com ). Country artist Dierks Bentley, rapper/actor and current four-time nominee Drake, GRAMMY winner Miranda Lambert, and Emmy® and Academy Award® winner Gwyneth Paltrow will appear as presenters. Music's Biggest Night® -- hosted by two-time GRAMMY winner LL COOL J -- takes place live on Sunday, Feb. 12 at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles and will be broadcast in high definition and 5.1 surround sound on the CBS Television Network from 8 - 11:30 p.m. (ET/PT). The show also will be supported on radio worldwide via Dial Global, and covered online at GRAMMY.com and CBS.com, and on YouTube at www.youtube.com/thegrammys . Additional performers, presenters and special segments will be announced soon. For GRAMMY coverage, updates and breaking news, please visit The Recording Academy®'s social networks on Twitter and Facebook: www.twitter.com/thegrammys , www.facebook.com/thegrammys .

Katy Perry is up for two awards: Record Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for "Firework."

Previously announced performers for the 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards include Adele (in her first live performance since undergoing vocal cord surgery last fall); Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson; Glen Campbell with The Band Perry and Blake Shelton; Coldplay and Rihanna; Foo Fighters; Bruno Mars; Paul McCartney; Nicki Minaj; and Taylor Swift. Aldean, The Band Perry, Minaj, and Shelton will perform on the GRAMMY telecast for the first time, while Adele, Campbell, Clarkson, Coldplay, Foo Fighters, Mars, McCartney, Perry, Rihanna, and Swift are returning to the GRAMMY stage. LL COOL J has hosted "The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! -- Countdown To Music's Biggest Night" since its inception in December 2008, and this is his first time hosting the annual GRAMMY Awards telecast.

The 54th Annual GRAMMY Awards are produced by John Cossette Productions and AEG Ehrlich Ventures for The Recording Academy®. Ken Ehrlich is executive producer, Louis J. Horvitz is director, and David Wild and Ken Ehrlich are the writers.

Established in 1957, The Recording Academy is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers and recording professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition and quality of life for music and its makers. Internationally known for the GRAMMY Awards -- the preeminent peer-recognized award for musical excellence and the most credible brand in music -- The Recording Academy is responsible for groundbreaking professional development, cultural enrichment, advocacy, education and human services programs. The Academy continues to focus on its mission of recognizing musical excellence, advocating for the well-being of music makers and ensuring music remains an indelible part of our culture. For more information about The Academy, please visit www.grammy.com . For breaking news and exclusive content, follow @TheGRAMMYs on Twitter, like "The GRAMMYs" on Facebook, and join The GRAMMYs' social communities on YouTube, Tumblr, Foursquare, GetGlue, and Instagram.
Source : http://www.marketwatch.com/story/grammy-nominee-katy-perry-to-perform-on-the-54th-annual-grammy-awards-2012-02-0
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 12:05:34 PM by Olivia »

Offline Conalae

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • #FireworkBoobs
Re: Katy Perry @ The 54th Grammy Awards - Los Angeles, CA - February 12th 2012
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 04:41:16 PM »
Performace of Peacock to get your 7th number one, thanks Katy.

:lol:

Nah, hope she is performing though! Part of Me would be nice. :P
'The Moral of the story is that if you're gonna party hard in Vegas, don't be a pussy.'

Offline foreverkaty

• Dressing Up
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 05:51:25 PM »
for me her best performance till this day was the fruit one!!!  that was legendary! so if she's performing, i want something WILD!!!

Offline Val_Katycat

• Leaves Them All in Awe
  • ~ Growing up but not giving up ~ ♥
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 05:52:18 PM »
for me her best performance till this day was the fruit one!!!  that was legendary! so if she's performing, i want something WILD!!!

Ohh yeah the one in the Grammy Museum :)
Apparently I'm the KatyCat #13736 ♥ I love food. And I want to be a surgeon. Oh and I watch too many TV shows. Here are some wise words from Katy : "All I need in this life of sin is me and my kitten."

Offline kitkat

• Makes U Spark A Firework
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 02:50:11 AM »
I'm hoping that she will perform a new song from the re-release; that's if the re-release is really happening in early 2012.

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 04:23:00 AM »
I CAN'T WAIT!  :pinkbow:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com

Offline SophieCat

• 1st Degree Stalker
  • California girl at heart
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:54:49 PM »
loooooooved last year's performance  :flowerpower:

CDT 8.21.11
PWT 8.7.14

Offline rafaelmuniz

• Head-Turning
  • Dreams won't work unless you do.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 07:30:24 PM »
I don't know if she'll be performing... I mean, she performed both in the nominations live and in the real one last year and she's always doing something at the grammys. She may want a break this year, idk lol.
We'll see... If there's going to have a performance, I'm sure It will be a-mazing  :strawberry:

http://katyperrylicious.tumblr.com | http://www.katyperry.com.br

São Paulo 09/25/2011 - I wore the wig that's blue & found a love that's true ♥
Rio de Janeiro 07/30/2012 - Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D Premiere

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 10:47:23 PM »
From November 2010....

Rodriguez asked, "What would a Grammy mean to you?"

Perry said, "Grammys are like catching shooting stars, so hopefully one day I'll catch one."

Offline peterbrabel

• Know it all
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 12:45:31 PM »
From November 2010....

Rodriguez asked, "What would a Grammy mean to you?"

Perry said, "Grammys are like catching shooting stars, so hopefully one day I'll catch one."
One of my favorite quotes.

Offline 93bperez

• Is Ready
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 03:49:39 PM »
I wonder if she's going to perform this time even though she did this year...I hope so!
***Dos Pueblos High School--------Santa Barbara, California---------September 14, 2010***
***Y100 Jingle Ball----------------------Ft. Lauderdale, Florida------------December 11, 2010***
***California Dreams Tour-------------Ft. Lauderdale, Florida------------June 11, 2011***

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 09:19:27 AM »
[youtube]BAZcmOjB19c[/youtube]

Offline SmackUTwice

• 2nd Degree Stalker
  • You Did It BAYBEE!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 05:02:17 PM »
YAY!!!!!!!!!! She's on the Grammy Nominees ALBUM with "Firework"!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.rttnews.com/Content/EntertainmentNews.aspx?Section=2&Id=1794189&amp%3BSM=1

"The album will be released on Universal Republic on January 24, with a portion of sales benefitting the Grammy Foundation and MusicCares Foundation."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:04:02 PM by SmackUTwice »

Offline LorenaKatyCat

• Wants a Taste Test
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 07:55:14 AM »
fingers crossed for this one  :pinkbow:

she has to win...come oooooooon!!

Offline CiaraCandyCat

• A Dead Battery
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 08:24:25 AM »
fingers crossed for this one  :pinkbow:

she has to win...come oooooooon!!

That would just be the cherry on top... Imagine how happy she/we would be!!  :pinkbow:

Nov 7th 2011 - #DublinDreams
May 7th 2014 - Belfast #PrismaticWorldTour
Twitter: @lollipocalypse_
Tumblr: bogey-lowenstein.tumblr.com