Please login or register. April 16, 2014, 05:21:49 PM

Author Topic: Katy's Music Heard in Random Places  (Read 25307 times)

Offline Legend-waitforit-daryLove

• Little Voyeur
  • A crowning battle is in my forseeable future!
Re: Katy's Music Heard in Random Places
« Reply #585 on: December 03, 2013, 09:43:19 AM »
oops! my bad...I was just saying

Offline katycat_lumo_nia

• Wannabe
  • KatyCat for life! In ups and downs=^_^=
« Reply #586 on: December 03, 2013, 04:58:50 PM »
This summer I was traveling, and realized that they play California Gurls more often on he radio in Oregon than in California... How ironic ;) :katycat1:

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #587 on: December 03, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »
Where I work, usually, nobody ever listens to music.  But one night, when I was working overtime during the summer of 2010, someone was playing Hot n Cold, and someone else said "Do you know that the woman who sings that is really hot!"  I was tempted to add that she's also a very talented singer and a very nice person, but resisted the temptation.

More recently, one of my colleagues (who is known for not being the brightest bulb in the circuit, and among other things, is known for his extreme lack of music knowledge) was listening to the radio, and A Moment Like This, by Kelly Clarkson, came on.  Another coworker asked him who sings this, and he (incorrectly) said "Katy Perry."  lol.  That same day, Roar came on, and somebody else asked him who sings that, and he said "I think Katy Perry."  He then referred to Russel Brand as "that jerk from London".  I wonder why he thought Katy Perry sang A Moment Like This.

Offline TheMouse

• Real Fan
  • I'm the Mouse; I'm here to learn how to rOaR.
« Reply #588 on: December 04, 2013, 11:00:12 AM »
I'm in my fave Italian pizza restaurant right now, and while I came in and sat down at the table Marco's Internet radio was playing ROAR - and now it's time for black coffe and pizza Fortuna (onion and mushroom) haha

What's the point of being on my worst behaviour when Katy isn't looking?

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #589 on: December 09, 2013, 12:25:33 PM »
Last night, I heard Unconditionally at a restaurant with my wife.  Interestingly, it was followed by an Ellie Golding song that I had never heard of (I know she opened for Katy at some of her concerts), and was then followed by Wrecking Ball (which I know Katy likes, and sounds like a song Katy could have written and sang).

Offline kiwikittenkatycat

• Got a Bloody Knee
  • she'll be coming at you like a dark horse
« Reply #590 on: December 09, 2013, 05:32:49 PM »
haha i heard california gurls while i was at the movie theatre, while eating popcorn in the ticket plaza

meow

Offline gpprism

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Katycat
« Reply #591 on: December 17, 2013, 02:38:56 PM »
I heard Katy in a supermarket once?!

Offline sunnystarzx

• Know it all
  • Still Breakin' in the New Shoes.
« Reply #592 on: December 18, 2013, 12:02:11 PM »
THEY KEEP PLAYING ROAR AT WORK
KatyCat-in' Since 09.

I will love you, Unconditionally

Offline gpprism

• Kissed a Girl - And Liked It!
  • Katycat
« Reply #593 on: December 23, 2013, 05:42:32 PM »
THEY KEEP PLAYING ROAR AT WORK

my mum played it at her work when she was doing an induction
im so very proud

Offline katycat4life1

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm CrayCray. Just thought I would let u know :P
« Reply #594 on: December 26, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »
I heard a Christmas remix version of Roar, instead of Katy roaring it was Santa HoHo Hoing. It was weird and in a retail store too

Proud Katycat #52620

Offline mitsguy2001

• Ignites the Light
  • Katycat
« Reply #595 on: December 29, 2013, 01:26:49 AM »
My wife and I hung out today with a friend (the one I mentioned in the "When did you first hear of Katy Perry"), and we played almos the entire Prism album for her.  She had never heard any of it (not even Roar), but she enjoyed it a lot, and commented that she was amazed by how versatile Katy is.  Her favorite song was Dark Horse, followed by Double Rainbow and Legendary Lovers.

Interestingly, later that night, we went to a coffee shop, and the barista that served us looked like Katy Hudson from when she was a teeanger!  She even had her nose pierced, just like Katy did back then.  Amazingly, Dark Horse was one of the songs that we heard played there!!  It was immediately followed by Lights, by Ellie Golding (who I think opened for Katy at some of her concerts).  My wife and I also told our friend more about Katy's backstory, which our friend did not know about.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:29:00 AM by mitsguy2001 »

Offline katy_chameleon

• Is Still Trying to Connect the Dots
  • Katy's voice is like a pint of Guinness; smooth.
« Reply #596 on: December 31, 2013, 04:44:52 AM »
Okay, here's an unusual situation where I thought I heard Katy's music playing in a random place.

I was waiting for a ferry when I heard "Hot n Cold" playing what I believed was over the terminal sound/PA system (it usually plays random music). I stopped and sat down to listen to it until the song ended, then got up to walk to another part of the terminal. As I was walking through I began to notice hearing "If You Can Afford Me". "Wow", I thought to myself, "you don't hear THAT song in a random place that often!" Pleasantly surprised, I sat and listened to the song in its entirety, then proceeded to go outside. After a few minutes, I began to notice "Lost" being played, but I was outside and far away from a PA system so I thought this was strange. At that time, I discovered the MP3 player on my smartphone somehow came on and was playing tracks from "One Of The Boys" out of my pocket! Guess some people thought I was a walking Katy jukebox during that time we were waiting for the ferry!  :hehe:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:46:54 AM by katy_chameleon »
KatyCat #22170
Twitter: @katy_chameleon

Offline Skatergirl

• Shake the Glitter!
« Reply #597 on: December 31, 2013, 10:21:05 PM »
I heard wide awake at a craft store today!

Offline OfficiallyAKatyKat4Life

• Dirty Doggy
  • "who's dropping farts in Candyfornia?"
« Reply #598 on: December 31, 2013, 10:28:40 PM »
I heard wide awake at a craft store today!

i was at Sears(home store) earlier today,and was in the electronics section looking at TVs with my mom and you know how usually ALL the TVs are on the same channel playing the exact same thing over and over again?..well there was ONE TV that was playing the wide awake music video over and over again..it was the weirdest thing,AND wide awake?so random!! but i loved it  :dreamboat: katy is always around us and where we least expect it ;)

Still waiting to meet her...one day :bambi:
Katy Cat #23892
Twitter @KatysQuicheness
PWT 9-17-14 & 9-22-14
ps..forgive me for misspelling my username :-[

Offline Chica

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • I'm not giving up
« Reply #599 on: January 01, 2014, 07:03:20 AM »
Firework at the New Year's Eve Party!