Author Topic: LEAVING OUR BELOVED KPF!  (Read 9621 times)

Offline TakeAPebble

• U think you're a Genius!
Re: LEAVING OUR BELOVED KPF!
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »
I don't know you, but thank you :) I wish you luck for all future endeavours xx

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline katypfan1999

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
  • **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2014, 07:56:38 PM »
I still don't get why she left. Just to get on with her life I guess... and it sucks cause I'll have to do that sometime. Besides, I feel like I'm parting from the fan base more and more with the songs Katy releases, performs. I just hope she releases an acoustic album next or I don't know what I'll do... I know she's got a voice, but she is not proving it. I'm listening to more rock, Nirvana, Chili Peppers, Led, etc. than Katy. I don't know. Someone convince me to stay :P

Offline KISStroyer/Katytroyer

• Ignites the Light
  • Houston Crew for life. 10/11/14- <3
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »
I still don't get why she left. Just to get on with her life I guess... and it sucks cause I'll have to do that sometime. Besides, I feel like I'm parting from the fan base more and more with the songs Katy releases, performs. I just hope she releases an acoustic album next or I don't know what I'll do... I know she's got a voice, but she is not proving it. I'm listening to more rock, Nirvana, Chili Peppers, Led, etc. than Katy. I don't know. Someone convince me to stay :P

I go in phases in terms of listening to Katy. I'm not really a big pop fan, Katy being the only big exception. I am constantly alternating between KISS, Green Day, The Pretty Reckless, Halestorm and Katy. The only two of those artists that sound anything alike are Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless.

As for Katy's voice, there's some good moments in PRISM. But maybe she's like KISS in terms of the true power and skills are showcased way better live than on record. Personally I think it is great that you don't listen to just Katy 24/7 and have some variation. I listened to nothing but KISS from about '09 through '12. Granted KISS has 20 studio albums and quite a few live albums, each of their 20 studio albums varying in sound, but I really enjoy music and appreciate it more now listening to more than one artist.

I honestly don't see Katy doing an acoustic album and pushing it as much as say PRISM or Teenage Dream. Not to say she couldn't do an acoustic album, but I don't really see it being made and released and pushed like a normal studio album. What I really want and would probably sell well is a live album .-. Wish she'd do like KISS did a few years back. They had professional recordings done at every show and the day of the concert at the merch booth, you could purchase a voucher. Towards the end of the show or right after, you would redeem the voucher at a booth and be given a flash drive ('09 tour had option of CD) that had the first half/majority of the concert. Inside the case for the flash drive was a code to go online and download the last part of the concert. Really loved going back and listening to the concerts over and over again. Got to the point that I knew what was going to be said and when ;)

KISS: 12/5/09; 9/17/10; 8/3/12; 8/31/14
Katy: 10/10/14; 10/11/14 <3
The Pretty Reckless: 9/28/14 (M&G)
Twitter

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2014, 08:52:54 AM »

I go in phases in terms of listening to Katy. I'm not really a big pop fan, Katy being the only big exception. I am constantly alternating between KISS, Green Day, The Pretty Reckless, Halestorm and Katy. The only two of those artists that sound anything alike are Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless.

As for Katy's voice, there's some good moments in PRISM. But maybe she's like KISS in terms of the true power and skills are showcased way better live than on record. Personally I think it is great that you don't listen to just Katy 24/7 and have some variation. I listened to nothing but KISS from about '09 through '12. Granted KISS has 20 studio albums and quite a few live albums, each of their 20 studio albums varying in sound, but I really enjoy music and appreciate it more now listening to more than one artist.

I honestly don't see Katy doing an acoustic album and pushing it as much as say PRISM or Teenage Dream. Not to say she couldn't do an acoustic album, but I don't really see it being made and released and pushed like a normal studio album. What I really want and would probably sell well is a live album .-. Wish she'd do like KISS did a few years back. They had professional recordings done at every show and the day of the concert at the merch booth, you could purchase a voucher. Towards the end of the show or right after, you would redeem the voucher at a booth and be given a flash drive ('09 tour had option of CD) that had the first half/majority of the concert. Inside the case for the flash drive was a code to go online and download the last part of the concert. Really loved going back and listening to the concerts over and over again. Got to the point that I knew what was going to be said and when ;)
Yeah, I'm not huge on pop either. That's why I don't really like This is How We Do or Dark or Horse or anything like that :/ Oi do you like Chili Peppers and Nirvana??  :dreamboat:

• Ignites the Light
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2014, 09:04:29 AM »
Not really a fan of either of those. I mean if nirvana came on my radio or something I wouldn't skip it.

Also dark horse is my least fav katy song, but it has grown on me. And I actually love TIHWD. Don't like either of those music videos. I get the feeling you're more into OOTB katy? OOTB to me at least, has more of a rock vibe than TD or Prism.

Twitter

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Not really a fan of either of those. I mean if nirvana came on my radio or something I wouldn't skip it.

Also dark horse is my least fav katy song, but it has grown on me. And I actually love TIHWD. Don't like either of those music videos. I get the feeling you're more into OOTB katy? OOTB to me at least, has more of a rock vibe than TD or Prism.
lol yeah pretty much  :lol: Rock is my jam! I also play guitar and wanna bring grunge back to the mainstream. But I have a feeling you're into classic rock? Like these jammers  :lol:

You like Led Zeppelin?

• Ignites the Light
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2014, 09:24:05 AM »

lol yeah pretty much  :lol: Rock is my jam! I also play guitar and wanna bring grunge back to the mainstream. But I have a feeling you're into classic rock? Like these jammers  :lol:

You like Led Zeppelin?

If I have to listen to the radio it's usually on classic rock.

Let's see that image. Not at all a fan of Beatles (overrated), not a fan of Floyd or stones. Was really into GNR late 6th grade through 7th which was like, maybe 07-08? Also feel Queen is highly overrated. Freddie was fantastic, but the rest were par. Thing about the Beatles was I don't think they're songs were all that good and there are far better performs. Big thing for me is performance. Hence my love with KISS. Actually seeing Leppard not this Sunday but the next when they come to Houston with KISS.

Twitter

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2014, 07:46:42 PM »

You like Led Zeppelin?

If I have to listen to the radio it's usually on classic rock.

Let's see that image. Not at all a fan of Beatles (overrated), not a fan of Floyd or stones. Was really into GNR late 6th grade through 7th which was like, maybe 07-08? Also feel Queen is highly overrated. Freddie was fantastic, but the rest were par. Thing about the Beatles was I don't think they're songs were all that good and there are far better performs. Big thing for me is performance. Hence my love with KISS. Actually seeing Leppard not this Sunday but the next when they come to Houston with KISS.
You've got a nice taste in music bruh! Do you like grunge at all doe?

Offline tinaluvsu

• Futuristic Lover
  • Katy Perry is truly an inspiration!
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2014, 11:38:21 PM »
thank you for helping spread that light for so many years!
-Tina The Diva-

Offline 1stTimeKatyCat

• Little Voyeur
  • That's our Katy Perry for you.
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2014, 07:52:43 PM »
Thank you so much for being one of the few to make a home for the KatyCat Community out of your spare time. I'll never forget that generosity.

Offline Steve Carras

• Wannabe
  • Katycat
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2014, 12:38:46 AM »
Faline, hope you';re having a good time elsewhere or lurking here..I
ve been on here almost as long.,.

Offline KatysCloud9

• Caught in the eye of a Hurricane
  • I'll soon meet her.
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »
Thank you for leaving us this awesome gift!

♡KatyCat Claudia♡

@KatysCloud9 on twitter
claudiakp14 on instagram

Online xperiamclass

• Wannabe w. more posts
  • Katylovatic
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2014, 12:27:34 PM »
Thank you for leaving us this awesome gift!

Sounds like someone likes you!  :o