Author Topic: Did Katy lose or gain fans through the Teenage Dream era?  (Read 7836 times)

Offline EricaPurrry

• Lost Control
  • Erica.
Re: Did Katy lose or gain fans through the Teenage Dream era?
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2011, 05:20:22 AM »
i know friends of mine who werent fans of katy before now love her alot due to ET, something about that song HOOKED them.
shes so hypnotizing ;)

California Dreams Tour- March/28/2011
California Dreams Tour- November/7/2011 Met Katy <3

Offline veetee

• Wesley Willis
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2011, 01:56:07 AM »
definitely gained fans :) for sure!!
she's selling out arenas for CDTand it is  HUGE deal coz she used to ASK ppl on her tumblr to come to her shows ! she has come SO FAR <3

i've always been a big fan of her stuff ever since thinking of you came out as a single, coz my best friend kept playing it nonstop lol!!! then i decided to really get into her music, and became a superfan around VMAs 2009 when she tweeted about kanye (lol) and by the time cali gurls came out, it just became bigger and bigger :D

Offline foobia

• Cardboard Box Enthusiast
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2011, 03:48:18 AM »
This thread makes me sad. Some people have fan girled over madonna from the beginning, i hope to be that type of a fan, i'd hate to let Katy down. Idont even wanna move on from the forum. I'm 17 and even though i'm a new ish member here, ive loved her since 2008 (didnt understand the interweb). The other thing that bothers me is my posters will have to come down at some stage in my life :( but i hope to keep them for kids if i have any, or a study room/some sort of chill out room for when im older and have a house.

I think exactly the same! The first time I heard her music was in 2006, her gospel album and then when she came out with her new music in 2008 I started to get into her music and personality more and more and more ... and I didn't join this forum before last year and I feel so bad about it :D I'm turning 20 in next 2 weeks and I still think that I will not stop supporting her just because I'm getting older. I love what she's doing, what she's giving, doesn't matter if it's a poster, a gig or a cherry chapstick. I wanna have it and I wanna have it forever!
she's awesome, isn't she?

@tlauraful

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2014, 03:26:52 AM »
Why'd you guys stop posting?? C'mon guys, it's been 3 years!

Offline Squeeniex27

• Makes Cupcakes Cry
  • The light has come
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2014, 06:58:10 AM »
I think she gained a lot. I know a lot of people who became fans after the TD era
Prism: let the light in

Offline katypfan1999

• **LET THE LIGHT IN!**
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2014, 12:10:07 PM »
I think she gained a lot. I know a lot of people who became fans after the TD era
I know during the OOTB era she had a lot of adult/teenage fans, and she probably lost a few sue to her style changing completely  :'( She gained a lot of little girl/boy fan (like 12 years old) because of her poppy music. I hope she does less of a pop themed album next record. Like maybe acoustic, because that's what her real and authentic fans love. If she does an acoustic record, her little 12 year old girl fans'll probably be like "What is this??"  :lol:

Offline katrieberkatycat

• Katy makes my heart happy.
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2014, 07:23:03 PM »
I know during the OOTB era she had a lot of adult/teenage fans, and she probably lost a few sue to her style changing completely  :'( She gained a lot of little girl/boy fan (like 12 years old) because of her poppy music. I hope she does less of a pop themed album next record. Like maybe acoustic, because that's what her real and authentic fans love. If she does an acoustic record, her little 12 year old girl fans'll probably be like "What is this??"  :lol:

Katy has promised an acoustic album sometime in the future, maybe it will be just her and her guitar next time around!
Either way, i'm happy with prism and pwt right now  :dreamboat:
26/10/11 CDT + got on stage
17/10/13 Met the lady herself!
20/05/14, 21/05/14, 28/05/14, 30/05/14 Prismatic world tour

Twitter http://twitter.com/katrieber

Offline DillNewt24

• Makes U Spark A Firework
  • Be Proud of Who You Are!
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2014, 12:45:03 AM »
Katy definitely gained fans through the Teenage Dream Era because it put her on the map, Teenage Dream made Katy a worldwide pop sensation, along with her sold out and successful California Dreams Tour. She couldn't have had lost fans if she was having sold out shows left and right during the CDT. When I became a big fan of her it was during the Teenage Dream Era because during the One or the Boys era I didn't think to much of her, I though IKAG and Hot and Cold were catchy songs but I didn't too much of the album. To be honest I completely forgot about Katy until 2010, when she released Teenage Dream, that is when I really became interested in her and I became a big fan of her.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 12:46:55 AM by DillNewt24 »

Twitter: @DillNewt

Offline mitsguy2001

• Real Fan
  • Katycat
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »
Katy definitely gained fans during the Teenage Dream era, even if it may have cost her some of her original fans.